buying a new detector need suggestions!

tvg1231

Here's the deal, I have a bounty hunter that can get all US coins at 5.5 inches.(morgan dollar 6 in.) My budget is 200 dollars, and I am looking for a machine that goes at least an inch deeper than 5.5 inches. Can entry level machines like the ace 250, fisher f2, xterra 305, and eurotrek pro get at least 6.5 inches? I don't want to buy a new machine only to find out I bought the same machine I already have. Also, should I wait to find a good deal on a used machine, or should I try to find the machines I mentioned that come with the 11 inch DD coil? Is the DD coil any better than stock? What about sniper coils? Are they worth it? I really have to make these 200 dollars count, because that's all I'm allowed to spend. I could also probably get away with 215 dollars, but NO MORE than that. Thanks!

$200 won't get you anything much deeper than you have now...With a budget of $500, you have plenty of choices on quality used machines. A solid 3 months of digging clad with that Bounty Hunter should net you the $300 you need. Time to get hunting!

euro tek Pro 11dd

Paster Bob has a Euro Tek Pro with the 11dd coil, 2nd page, in the classified for 200.00, ya cant get a new one for that with a 11dd coil, good luck Earl

I've got a friend who uses Fisher's F2 and does very well with it also in the same price range White's coin master. At the end of January I drove down to Louisiana and hunted with a forum member Konadog he uses an F2 you can find him in the chat room almost every night stop in and ask him if you want some first hand information on one and I've seen the way he treats it so I'd say there tough enough. Good luck

Definitely the F2

It is an affordable, easy to learn, fun detector to use. It takes no time at all to learn how to use it, and once you get used to the VDI and tones you will find more and more treasures.

You can use it to find relics, jewelry, coins. And let me tell you it is a coin killer. It will find you as much as some high end detectors. I have found coins
to about 7-8" deep and some bigger things much deeper.

With 3 different stock coils available (4" 8" and 10") at a very reasonable price you will be able to detect anything.

Most of the sponsors on here have various F2 packages
All in all it is a very reliable, affordable and fun detector to use.

DD coil is my preferred choice, their is a cool read (attachment) on here somewhere, perhaps someone could find it for you.

DD's have two distinct features I feel important to me, target separation and easier pinpointing. (DD wiggle)

The larger the coil the greater depth you get. However the trade off is you are scanning more ground as once and target separation can get a little more complicated. The sniper, shooters and other smaller coils get much better Id's of the targets but they loose depth. The smaller coils work best if you hunt trashy areas.

Could someone find and attach the "Search Coil" article for the OP. Thanks.

It's a little tricky to say that this or that detector goes however deep. IMO these are guidelines only and can be affected by soil conditions and a host of other factors. I think it also depends on what you're hunting for.

For example, my F2 found me a merc and 2 wheaties at 9+ inches deep in dry sand/clay mix soil. I've found a ton of stuff fairly deep (6 to 9 inches) even with the little sniper coil. I've had it just over a year and it's also found me a lot of tokens, clad, a silver ring, and one silver dollar so I'm happy with it on the coinshooting side, and I have good results looking for relics with the thing too. I haven't found any gold yet but haven't really tried very hard to dig up every foil or tab signal.

For my money, the F2 is an awesome machine and if I remember correctly it was right around the $200 mark and came with the 8" and 4" coils and some accessories. I just got the DD coil for it a week or so ago and am starting to experiment with it, but so far all it's done for me is to find more deeper junk... We'll see how it goes once I get used to it.

Back
Top Bottom