ACE 350 or TEKNETIK EUROPro

snickers104

Cant decide which one I would be happier with...both have the 11" DD coil...any suggestions??

I've never used either, but I've read up on them and have used the 250 which is close to the 350. I'd go with the ETP.

Tough call...
I've had bad experiences with Garrett quality across the board, but never owned a 350. Just a couple AT pro's. I have owned the ET Pro and gotta be honest...it's a piece of junk. It'll find stuff but it just feels incredibly cheap and poorly made. The shaft on mine was so cheap and wobbly....even my fiancé who used to swing my AT pro said it sucked. LOL

my experience with the Ace 350

I have an Ace 350 and while it would be nice to have the VDI #s, the fact that the 350 doesn't was not a deal breaker for me. After using it awhile you get to know the different sounds and how to differentiate targets based on that. You also learn the notches on the Target ID screen (for example, pull tabs for me are almost always jumpy from the nickel notch and the notch to the left of it, whereas an actual nickel will stay solidly on the nickel notch). I also like that I can use my 350 for water hunting as long as I keep the control housing dry, most of my best finds have been in shallow water.

I have never used the other machine you are considering so I can't really compare the two. But I don't think you can go wrong with the 350. Mine is preparing me well for the day I upgrade to the AT Pro and I have found good stuff with it. Just don't expect to be proficient right away, Garrett says it takes 100+ hours to get good with a machine.

:my2cents: Let us know what detector you decide on. :D

250 ace is good I've got coins others have missed with etrac. I can only assume the 350 having more features will work just as well maybe even better than etrac....

ETP W 11dd

I have 3 :lol:, the best low end machine with mid grade capabilities, large ID screen, with iron audio volume control, Swinglow for a low cost machine they cant be beat :laughing::roll:

Good choice, on the detecting gear and on buying from bbh. You will definitely like it, now do some homework and find some good sites!

Got the detector and all the goodies with it today!!! Got two days off and beautiful weather expected....Thanks again Bart!

I have the same exact set up.. also bought from Bart... and I love it. I have found several 22 bullets (not the case) that were burried in the woods.. love the etp

Smart man better than hearing dong...dong....
Lol
garret makes me so mad i had an ace 250 the arm cuff was like 5" past my wrist making it super nose heavy.is the atp the same way?
I felt the recovery was soooo slowww Let alone pinpointing with the dong sound it was like donggggggg as your swinging over so im like !!! first texas>garret anyday imho

Maybe my omega spoiled me idk

Back
Top Bottom