whites dfx and garrett ace 350

Inshednow

I was searching around today for a higher end detectors and came across a ace 350 and a whites dfx. Original price on the ace was 269.00 and 400.00 for the dfx. I offered a total of 500.00 for both machines and offer was accepted i dint buy figured id as here first to see if the forum members think its a good deal. Both machines are stock the dfx has a blue carry bag, charger, rechargeable battery pack and a aabattery pack both machines work as i did a air test with a large one cent and foil from a candy bar wrapper. Looking for your opions on this deal. I already have these two machines but thought they would be great back up units. Plus my daughter wants same machines dad has so we can both use same machine at same time.

You offered only 25% off what the machines, brand new, retail for at a store? Making an offer and then not buying at that price is also in poor form. If you are going to ask for advice do it before you start talking numbers.

Pretty decent price. Can sell the Ace for $150-$200 and you have a DFX for $300-$350 which is good.

I agree if you make an offer and they accept, you should buy it.

It's annoying when you are selling a detector and people keep wanting to meet up to try it out, then after meeting and trying to detector they say they will think about it... :mad:

You'd be about even as far as resale, so if you plan to buy and use them then it's a fair deal, if you plan to buy and flip them you'd just about break even.

You offered only 25% off what the machines, brand new, retail for at a store? Making an offer and then not buying at that price is also in poor form. If you are going to ask for advice do it before you start talking numbers.
We did agree on a price but he after agreeing to five hundred and i said ok he then said plus tax. I dont agree as he changed the price not I. This was not a fair deal as we agreed on five hundred not plus tax as he wanted.

We did agree on a price but he after agreeing to five hundred and i said ok he then said plus tax. I dont agree as he changed the price not I. This was not a fair deal as we agreed on five hundred not plus tax as he wanted.

I agree with you, that's pretty weak of him if it was a sale between individuals. BUT, was he selling as an individual? Or as a business? If it was a business, then he is within his rights to charge you the tax. He has to pay the sales tax to the Government.

That's a very big difference from what you wrote in your OP. I assumed you were dealing with somebody on craigslist or something like that. Personally, I wouldn't do business with what I'm now assuming is a dealer who would do something like that.

I was searching around today for a higher end detectors and came across a ace 350 and a whites dfx. Original price on the ace was 269.00 and 400.00 for the dfx. I offered a total of 500.00 for both machines and offer was accepted i dint buy figured id as here first to see if the forum members think its a good deal. Both machines are stock the dfx has a blue carry bag, charger, rechargeable battery pack and a aabattery pack both machines work as i did a air test with a large one cent and foil from a candy bar wrapper. Looking for your opions on this deal. I already have these two machines but thought they would be great back up units. Plus my daughter wants same machines dad has so we can both use same machine at same time.

350s go for 230 240 on ebay all the time

Dfx/ace 350

I have been using my DFX for years, great machine , also had a few customers by the ACE 350 and they have had great success with the DD coil

Back
Top Bottom