KillerB Headphones Acting Up. HELP

JamieNH

Hey I need some help on this my headphones have recently started getting weird. While using them the other day all of a sudden the tones i was getting started to sound far away like very faint. Played around with some stuff back to normal then it started doing it again. I had been able to get through it these past few hunts but yesterday it got to the point where I had to pull out my old cheap ones that are so bad (after using a quality head phone) I might as well of just stopped there.

I've tried everything while using them played with all the controls pulled the jack out, moved it all around. When it got really bad to where i couldn't hear anything I started moving the jack around until I found one spot where it consistently worked. Got a few hours in like that then it got to the point where that didn't even work. I've tried emailing the company that makes them but haven't heard anything back yet. I never realized how important good quality headphones were until now that's how I dig based on sound and my old ones don't come close to my killer b's. I've only got a few hunts left this season and this is really messing it up.

So I guess my questions are
-Is it the headphone jack or the detector input part? or something else?
-Is there anything I can do right now to fix it?
-Are the people that make them good people and is there a better way to get a hold of them?

Thanks everbody.

Mine do it as well sometimes they hit hard on a target within two inches deep or so and very soft on some targets that are deep as 6 to 7 inches . Kinda messes with me some too not sure if they are suppose to do this or not . I know some of them have a limiter switch but mine are the standard ones with one volume control and stero switch I bought them new and sent warranty card in to use on my AT Pro . and when I use them on another detector such as My Tesoro Compadre they do not do this and I have an adapter on the At Pro to use the 1/4 inch plug and I know its good because all my other headphones work OK in it just the B's go faint in and out I would like to hear from others as well Thanks glad I am not the only one

Thanks for your response any info will help.

The issue I'm having is something that just started after a year of using them. Usually they would work perfectly loud on big or close to the surface targets faint on small or deep targets. Whats happening now is normal sounding to complete nothing or a sound that is hard to explain. It's there but very hard to hear it's not normal... and sometimes while swinging it goes from loud to far away sounding on the same target.

I don't think the speakers are the problem either in the headphones or detector as when I unplug the headphones the detector sounds normal and sometimes with the headphones plugged in they to sound normal. I think it's the jack part on the headphones or the cord itself, or its the jack input part on the detector. Sorry don't now all the right names of the parts.

Its the cord

I have had to have the phone jack cord replaced twice on mine If you sent in your warranty card he will replace if for free. You pay shipping going down he pays it coming back to you. If no warranty card you pay both ways and for the new cord. But the cord is the problem. Just as well send it in now before the winter rush.

If you would like to send them to me I would be happy to check them out for you, I have repaired headphones for other forum members. No charge other than the shipping to me and return shipping plus maybe a headphone plug and or a toggle switch which isn't too expensive.

I have had to have the phone jack cord replaced twice on mine If you sent in your warranty card he will replace if for free. You pay shipping going down he pays it coming back to you. If no warranty card you pay both ways and for the new cord. But the cord is the problem. Just as well send it in now before the winter rush.

If you would like to send them to me I would be happy to check them out for you, I have repaired headphones for other forum members. No charge other than the shipping to me and return shipping plus maybe a headphone plug and or a toggle switch which isn't too expensive.

Thanks guys!

Did you buy them new and register them in the first 15 days? If so they have a lifetime warranty. I have no doubt Steve can fix them, but why not let them honor the warranty.

Did you buy them new and register them in the first 15 days? If so they have a lifetime warranty. I have no doubt Steve can fix them, but why not let them honor the warranty.
I sent him a pm and told him the exact same thing, just offered to check them out for him if they are no longer under warranty so I can save him time and $$$. Wouldn't take long to get to me as he is in N.H. and I am in N.Y. plus I will get at them the day they arrive no wait period. It's his call I'm just trying to help.

Thanks everybody I'm working on figuring out if they are under warranty through the Killer B people. Not having much luck I'll call them on my lunch break tomorrow and see what they say then go from there. I appreciate everyone's help and Steve for offering to work on them. That's really awesome of him.

Thanks everybody I'm working on figuring out if they are under warranty through the Killer B people. Not having much luck I'll call them on my lunch break tomorrow and see what they say then go from there. I appreciate everyone's help and Steve for offering to work on them. That's really awesome of him.
No problem, I have had a number of folks on the forums help me out over the years and I love to give back any way that I can. As I said in the pm if you don't get anywhere with the manuafacturer I will fix them for you @ no charge other than parts if needed and the shipping back to you.

Headphones are repaired Jamie, pm sent with details.

Back
Top Bottom