Garrett Pro Pointer Question - defective?

GoldAudio

I sometimes push my pinpointer into the bottom of my loose hole if I dont get a signal and think the item is deeper... Not too hard, but hard enough to try and get a little bit closer.

I notice it will start to chirp, i go deeper... same thing, no signal then push a little and it sees something deeper... ugh

BUT.. I noticed if I do this anywhere, even on my bare hand it starts chirpping. But doing thin in my hand i reialize i am pushing harder than i thought... putting my weight on it in the hole. Still dont seem that should effect it.

Curious if that is normal.

Yes this is normal. Or at least both of my Pro Pointers will go off if I press them down in the hole and put pressure on them.

Yes this is normal. Or at least both of my Pro Pointers will go off if I press them down in the hole and put pressure on them.

Yup...any pressure on the tip or sides will cause them to start talking.

Also remember to remove any rings, watches you have on or else you might do what I did...holding a plug in one hand trying to find the target that was moving around...it was my wedding ring....heehehe

Yup...any pressure on the tip or sides will cause them to start talking.

Also remember to remove any rings, watches you have on or else you might do what I did...holding a plug in one hand trying to find the target that was moving around...it was my wedding ring....heehehe

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

My two, which are well used, don't do it unless you put real pressure on the tip. Certainly doesn't with mild hand palm pressure. My depth on either one is 1-1.5 inches now. Maybe yours is running factory hot and seeing 3" and is tip top on the edge of pressure sensitivity. Your experience is very common. What openn air depths are you getting?

I bought a back GPP last month. That jinxed my first one (1 ½ year old). The first one is on it’s way back to Garrett. It would beep like you said and also would go off when moving (not shaking it hard) it around in the mid-air.

The new GPP does not beep when pressed on, even hard into my palm.

One thing that just surprised me was the GPP will start beeping well over a foot away from big metal.:holycow: I was stand about two feet away from the refrigerator just now to test the new GPP by pressing it into my hand and the GPP started beeping when I turn it on. :furious: When I turn my body, thinking WHAT THE H***, it stopped. :shrug:

The GPP will start beeping a good foot and a half away from the refrigerator. :wow: When testing a coin, it started beeping at the usual two inches or so. :grin:

I had a scare for a moment, :fright: life without a working GPP.:tissue:

Back
Top Bottom