New to Underwater Metal Detecting-need advice

GoldBalls23

Hello! I recently purchased a Treasure Cover Underwater /Surf Metal Detector TC 7010. I purchased this detector because the specs said that it detected 8 ft under sediment and operates up to 33 feet under water. Unfortunately, when this device came, we tested the coil and in order to hear a tone, the metals had to be almost touching the coil. And it doesn't detect gold at all.

Needless to say, we were very disappointed. The detector was under $300.00 and I had suspected there was no way we could find a good underwater detector for less than $500.00

What we really want is a device that can be totally submerged so we can use it while we snorkel or scuba in salt water. And it would be nice to have a device that detects all metals but especially gold. I recently found a gold chain in the water when I was snorkeling in the ocean. I can only imagine what i'd find if i had a good underwater metal detector.

Can anyone give a suggestion?

-thanks!

I hope you can return that Chinese piece of CWAP. I would post this question under the Beach and Water section. You will get a lot more help.

It would also help if you stated fresh or salt water, wading or diving.

Welcome aboard.

Last edited:
That detector is built in china and also goes under the name of the cobra beach magnet... its a single frequency machine that might work somewhat in freshwater but its not for saltwater use...

Just read the reviews of others who also made the mistake...

These forums are a very good stop before going out and spending your hard earned money.

http://www.amazon.com/Treasure-Cove...dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1

thanks!

thanks to you both who replied to my post! I did return the POS!! I am looking at a few other machines. I will repost in beach and water hunting!!

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom