Surf & sand shoe

Get the lightest color you can. I have worn these around sometimes when snorkeling and when on beach the black ones I had can get HOT. If you stay in the water any color will be ok and will work great, just no out of the water.

I have Froggs Toggs waders, and they make a good durable product. I never tried the booties, didn't know about them til now... they look pretty good.

I would be careful about buying booties online, the sizes between different companies varies widely...

Surf boots with Zippers give you problems. Sand always clogs the zipper from sliding. Look at getting a pair of Lycra socks also. They really help me.

You need to regular maintenance on the boots.

Wash them with fresh water and Mirazyme.

Get them to dry as completely as possible.

A boot dryer helps if you have one.

Hang them upside down to drip dry in the sun.

Or your boots will stink!

Do not put your Lycra Socks in the Dryer!

Wallyworld has some water shoes made with some netting looking stuff like a water pouch. Mines still holding up. Academy sells some nice water boots. But i went there again today and the only carry up to an 8. I'm a size 12:lol: Did find a pair of 14's over winter that work good with my chest waders:yes:

Has anyone tried the skele-toes water shoes. I have a pair from wally world but the sand gets in them and annoys the heck out of me because the sand goes right in

I'm not very safe I just go barefoot or in the dry I just wear my regular Nike shoes , I try to look as close no a regular person on the beach as much as possible :)

febc6dd3bbc4c958e3cd9cc767830770_zps1633cd94.jpg

Okay guy this is what I went with and I did got the Lycra socks also. ;)
Lycra socks also. The boots are tough and should last a long time. :yes:
http://www.gandermountain.com/modperl/product/details.cgi?pdesc=Ray-Guard-Reef-Boots&i=421829&r=view

Greetings, Bud. I finally got out into the fresh water, today, with my AT-PRO. I wasn't prepared, so went barefoot. What a learning moment it was. Not only did the coarse sand abrade the heck out of my footsies, I worried about fish-hooks and couldn't push my scoop into the bottom with the bare foot without pain. Duhhhhh.

So, here I am searching for what you "pros" do. How do you like the Gander Mountain Reef Boots so far?? I'm going to get something quickly, for more use here, and also in Florida this Winter.

BTW, I found a nice junk ring and a big earing in the water. I'm hooked!

Thanks, in advance for your input.
Regards,

Keith

sorry for bringing an old thread up

but I am wondering if some of you wear "regular" ankle length socks with your "wading boots":?: OR, are "dive socks" better (example, Lycra Fin Dive socks):?: I'm asking because of beach sand hunting and wet sand to ankle deep hunting. Obviously, sand is eventually going to come into play, but are the dive socks better than regular socks when sand comes into play:?: Please forgive me because I don't know how to better word the question:?::?::?: Finally, I don't EVER plan on going deeper than ankle... at most, up to my knees and/or just below my knees when water hunting. I can swim, but I'm NOT a strong swimmer, so I know where my limits are:no: I want to get the "World Wide Sportsman Flats Boots", but am wondering if socks would be more comfortable and if so, what socks do you guys/gals recommend:?: I hope I'm making any sense and thank you for reading.

BTW, I have an Infinium LS and want to use it for wet sand hunting, but don't want to wear "regular" running shoes when wet sand hunting and the salt water soaking the hell out of my "every day shoes".

HH \_

Back
Top Bottom