Is the AT Pro to much for...beginner?

clubfred

I'm a newbie...yes
I'm wanting a machine I can find gold flakes/small nuggets and of course coins and relics.
I love the idea of it being water proof as I live in a wet climate to say the least, but also a gold rich area, so would like the option of creek hunting etc.

Really want to get something ordered as always wanted to get into this, just to much info overload etc.

Cheers
Fred

I would not think it to be too much for a beginner, but am amazed at the ability of my bounty hunter prospector I got in a $40 trade.

You should not have any problems. This forum and Youtube are your friends in learning the AT. Just read everything you can on it. I really like mine, although I have a Etrac I keep the AT as a good waterproof detector. When I recieved mine I went straight to pro mode and never looked back. You might as well learn it that way since you know of no other :yes:

Speaking as an addict:lol:,
The AT Pro is a great machine if you can afford to start with it.
There is plenty to learn and plenty of enjoyment getting there.
You won't grow out of it for a long time if ever.
The AT Pro is my first machine and I have never regretted it.
There are higher end machines and specialized machines, but this is a good all around machine.

You should not have any problems. This forum and Youtube are your friends in learning the AT. Just read everything you can on it. I really like mine, although I have a Etrac I keep the AT as a good waterproof detector. When I recieved mine I went straight to pro mode and never looked back. You might as well learn it that way since you know of no other :yes:

i totally agree. set aside a few evenings and watch all the youtube vids you can and read all the info you can. it's not a tough detector to figure out if you already have a little idea what it's doing and telling you. :)

Sounds like a keeper

What a great forum and great help.
You guys convinced me...the AT pro it is.
Will try to read and watch as much as possible b4 machine arrives.

Cheers
Fred

You'll love the AT Pro! Garrett has some pretty good instructional videos on YouTube. They're very helpful

I think it is pretty simple--it tells you if theres metal and basic material composition w/ "VDI" numbers and has presets and manual modes to ease into--with experience--or ,like me, just start in "pro-zero" mode and listen and dig!!Wasn't my first detector but it was newest nice one!!Been waiting for water to warm up--but have used it many,many:lol:times on land,in rain /snow and cleans right up.However,its ability to get deep silver is questionable,compared to other land machines. but a land machine cant find rings in 6'of water--S0--underwater(shallow)good machine for under a "G" is good for my budget & will find good stuff as with any unit with time and effort.
my whites Prism v w 9.5 coil finds deeper coins by 2"--but ATpro found small ring -gold deeper--by 3"per yard test
IMO

Back
Top Bottom