RV/detecting questions for Cache Creek and Rye Patch

nittany1

Elite Member
I've been thinking about two places: Cache Creek, CO and Rye Patch, NV for prospecting and I have an RV question and a detecting question for both.

My questions for Cache Creek are - 1) how far or how many acres can you detect at Cache Creek? I've read that you can detect in some of the other national parks with permission from the park manager. And 2) Is RV parking only in that main parking lot? Is there a dump there or do you have to go down the road a little bit to find an RV camp to dump

My question for Rye Patch is - do people only dry camp in the common area down by the resevoir or do they dry camp at various spots around Rye Patch?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards, Tom

Rye Patch...

Good morning, Tom...I was at Rye Patch last year, trying out a new detector. Met some really nice people camped out all over the place.
There's been a lotta gold found there, but there's been a lotta people trying to find the gold also.
If I were to go back, I'd concentrate on the areas higher up in the canyons, instead of the flats where most of the people hang out.
Years ago, I traveled all over that area, and found one place, named Jackson Mountain, about 20 miles further in, that had gold. Met a family that had a dry placer operation there for many years.
I also found a 1/2" nugget in the area, just outside Emlay, up one of the mountain slopes, using a portable dry washer.
Good luck,
jim Peterson
Nevada/Mexico

rye patch

I would also like to hit rye patch, but was told that most places around the area have claims on them. So still trying to find out where u can and can't go

All claims will have stakes and claim numbers on them. Some of them may have bulldozers on them for doing a push. Ask if you can jump in and detect the push with them. I'm going to try to head out there this winter. Actually I'm trying to decide between Rye Patch, Meadview, Rich Hill and the Bradshaw Mountains.

Back
Top Bottom