Pinpointer Garret vs Automax

I got the Automax with my Ace 250 bundle, It's o.k., but it is too bulky and long. Then got a Pistol probe, a little shorter but goes deep, used it last year with good results. I just got the Garrett pro pointer and love it better. I like the way it gets louder as you get closer to the target, plus vibrates. There is no comparison between the automax and Garrett, the pro pointer beats them. I might carry the pistol probe and Garrett together on relic hunts, but the Garrett is best.

If you had the same passion for it as you obviously do metal detecting, I have no doubt you'd have been a very good one....and have summers off for metal detecting :D.

Yep. Thank goodness he likes to share the info he has. No better way to find an answer than to ask a question. I've learned alot from you guys here. :)

i got the automax with my AT PRO package deal from Kellyco. worked well enough except it is bulky, cheaply made, would detune if you hit the pontentiometer knob, and folks just plain look at you funny when you have something on your belt that looks like a nightstick. Picked up the ProPointer. small, solid build, easy on/off. gave my automax to my 6 year old so she can help dad look for treasure. havent looked back.

Back
Top Bottom