Garret pro pointer- where to purchase? OR harbor freight

clydesdale

I am looking to get a pro pointer to go with my new detector. If you recommend the Garret, can you recommend a place to buy it? Or is the HF pinpointer a good enough choice for beach hunting and ball fields? Thanks.

You don't need a pointer for the beach. You need a sand scoop - that's it.

For the park, yes.. they help. With the HF unit (I own one) you have to nearly touch the metal for it to work, but for $15 it's not bad.

Get the Garrett Propointer. Spend the money. They rock.

I am looking to get a pro pointer to go with my new detector. If you recommend the Garret, can you recommend a place to buy it? Or is the HF pinpointer a good enough choice for beach hunting and ball fields? Thanks.

I agree with the posts above, get a scoop for the beach. All you need.

I did a table top review on the Pro Pointer, Bulls Eye II and the Cen-Tech (Harbor Freight). Spoiler, for the dirt the Pro-Pointer is the tops :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lOwS0-oYpjU

Get a price from Bart at BigBoysHobbies, he had the best prices when I called. He also checks his email most of the night... I sent him one at 11 at night one night thinking he would reply back the next day....I think he replied back an hour later :lol:

Bart Davis
Authorized Fisher, Teknetics, Garrett and Detector Pro dealer.
Bigboyshobbies.net
405-206-9010
[email protected]

If you have the budget for the Garrett, by all means get it. Contact kellycochick on here and she'll hook you up! Or, just get the HF pinpointer and spend the extra bucks on a good scoop. I have the HF unit and it works pretty well, well enough for my budget at least. Talk with Rich at Colonial Metal Detectors about a scoop and Propointer too, take the best deal!

Good Luck

HH

Why not for the beach? Is the reason that you scoop the sand, dump it off to the side of your hole and sweep over the pile with the MD?
Where as with digging in dirt, it is more difficult and the PP will focus where you should dig? Thanks

Why not for the beach? Is the reason that you scoop the sand, dump it off to the side of your hole and sweep over the pile with the MD?
Where as with digging in dirt, it is more difficult and the PP will focus where you should dig? Thanks

Pretty much, yes. You pin point with the detector, then start scooping. Scan the hole and scoop more as needed, very binary.

The pro pointer does react well with beach sand

If i remember correctly

If you have the budget for the Garrett, by all means get it. Contact kellycochick on here and she'll hook you up! Or, just get the HF pinpointer and spend the extra bucks on a good scoop. I have the HF unit and it works pretty well, well enough for my budget at least. Talk with Rich at Colonial Metal Detectors about a scoop and Propointer too, take the best deal!

Good Luck

HH

Yep!!! I will :)

BigBoys hobbies he is a independent dealer. And you don't have to worry about him not picking up the phone.:lol: Super quick service.

When working a beach, you need a scoop for fast recovery of your targets. Scoops catch the target, and after you have it you sweep the hole to see if there is more, before filling it. Get a scoop with a handle, you don't want to have to be bending over 200 times for 190 poptop tabs, 9 coins and a gold ring! LOL Go on Utube and watch a few videos of folks hunting the beach...they never dig and then hunt, they scoop, fill, and move on. Much faster!

Now there are different scoops for different parts of the beach...dry sand....an open wire screen is great...sand goes through quickly...even damp sand works well, but in the water, you need a scoop with the right sized holes and you surge the water in the scoop to wash away the sand...very different action...but the goodies stay...hopefully...in the scoop.

Digging dirt is a very different thing!

Back
Top Bottom