Super 12 search coil

bigboedy

I am purchasing the whites matrix m6 and there is a rebate for the super 12 search coil for 49.95. Is it any better than the eclipse 950 coil that it comes with? Does any one have this?

thanks Boedy

It will probably just give more depth.
It depends on what kind of hunting your doing.
If your relic hunting, it sounds like it would be great but if you do mostly coin and jewlry, I would go with the 5.3 eclipse of one of the 4x6 oval coils.
But, It might be one of those useful tools to just have on hand in case the situation presents itself.

Since it just came out the jury is still out on it. I'm a dealer and haven't even got mine yet :-(. It will however get you more depth just because of the size.

Tell you what, you buy it for $50 and if you don't like it, PM me and I'll buy it from you for $60 and I'll pay your shipping. :D

It's a shame they didn't have that offer when I bought my M6 :mad: It wasn't out yet. Is there any retroactive policy on that Tony?

It only covers purchases after 3/26/07. Sorry. BUT ... you could try to see if they'll honor it if your purchase was close enough.

I just placed an order for the MXT..and 30 minutes later spotted the super 12 ad :p
But...according to the ad, the $49.95 is valid for ALL E-series coils, so you could alternatively buy an Eclipse deepscan DD1400 for the same 49.95.
So I think that I'll wait for a month or two to see what kind of user reports come in, and then decide which coil to buy. The offer is valid until June 30 so there's really no need to make a rush decision.

Voriax

I already have the 8"x14" coil Voriax. You can't go wrong with it. It's a very nice coil. I've read 4 reviews (on the White's homepage) and they seem to think the Super 12 is better then the 950 coil (duh). However, and this is the part I'm interested in, they said you could run your DFX hotter using it compared to the 950 coil. How that compares to a DD coil which can also be run hotter than the 950 is the million dollar question for me.

I just placed an order for the MXT..and 30 minutes later spotted the super 12 ad :p
But...according to the ad, the $49.95 is valid for ALL E-series coils, so you could alternatively buy an Eclipse deepscan DD1400 for the same 49.95.
So I think that I'll wait for a month or two to see what kind of user reports come in, and then decide which coil to buy. The offer is valid until June 30 so there's really no need to make a rush decision.

Voriax

Voriax, I used to own the DD1400. Found that my arm was ready to fall off after a couple of hours hunting. Sold it and never looked back. If I needed that kind of pain I would have bought an Explorer. ;)

I know one of the beta testers for the new coil. His report is one of the ones on White's web site (Greg Moscini). I'd take what he says about it to the bank.

Fall off?

Voriax, I used to own the DD1400. Found that my arm was ready to fall off after a couple of hours hunting. Sold it and never looked back. If I needed that kind of pain I would have bought an Explorer. ;)

I know one of the beta testers for the new coil. His report is one of the ones on White's web site (Greg Moscini). I'd take what he says about it to the bank.

Now that would be funnier if it was'nt true. I Swung, (or is it Swang) one of them bad boy's ya it was heavy, I suppose you could get used to it if you had arms like pythons.........Gil

Hmm, doesn't seem to bother me to swing it? But I'm just a young buck ;)

Back
Top Bottom