Water hunting with Sharks

Strangest thing I ever consumed was rattlesnake. Wasn't bad, but I can live without it. Shark is excellent, but mako is the only one that you can freeze without ammonia building up in the meat after a couple of weeks.

Rattlesnake is pretty good also, just make a lot of biscuits and gravy to go with it :D Did I mention that we eat just about anything that doesn't eat us first in Louisiana :lol:

So funny, WThesing!
I was gonna mention roadkill! :lol:
(... and I know I have a picture of a "flattened" armadillo somewhere in my HD, but I jus' can't find it)

Armadillo...............can't even imagine what they would taste like. As roadkill, I would think it would be like hitting a toothpaste tube with a hammer. :D

Craig...........Only YOU would come up with a link like that. I swear that ever since you found that token you've wandered a "little left of center". :lol:
No I will NEVER EAT ARMADILLO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anything that has to be marinated in milk for at least a day tastes bad from the gitgo, and there ain't no sense trying to cover it up, especially with a sensitive pallet like mine. I'll stick with the "normal" substinance lifeforms if you don't mind :yes:

yea cladius I tried it once. It was ok, kinda tasted like crow but the meat wasn't as chewy. I prefer more along the lines of owl, gopher, frog, ect... you know the common things we serve visitors to the great state of LOUISIANA. :D :D :D

Just an observation????? It seems that the further south we go, the stranger the food seems to get. I know that when we dump stuff, it kinda flows downstream. Is there any real connection here? :!: Then again what do I know, I love scrapple. :D

Wow, food talk.........(I want to keep along the original thread lines)
so key words, shark, gators, water hunting, etc, etc. Now you northerners who don't seem to care for southern cusine, any thing is good with enough hot sauce. And for the snooty ones, tell me you never ate in a chinese restaurant.... :shock: .......Gil

I knew it was something like that. You can have mine, Craig. :lol:
(Chevy Chase beat the record in "Funny Farm"! That's what confused me.)

I posted the pics of the sharks and the pics of the croc... now, I'm posting the 3rd (and, hopefully, last) pic of the things that we, as innocent "unawares" sometimes forget about when we're havin' "fun" (I don't know their technical/general "localities", but I thought it would be fun to warn the people that live where these things live):

Seems a sheep farmer was puzzled about the disappearance of some sheep on his farm. After a few weeks of sheep disappearing, the farmer decided to put up an electric fence.
About a week later, this is what he found!
Now, I know we've all heard of people being eaten by snakes and I bet most of us have said, "If a snake tried to eat me, I'd blah, blah, blah", and get away. Well, this is a Python and they're extremely aggressive and have a few teeth that they use to hold their prey while they wrap around them and then constrict.
Could you get away if this one bit you and held on with it's "few teeth?"
(Note: the wires are 10 inches apart.)
(it wasn't mentioned, but I assume this guy is "no longer with us", since the 2 camera shots show this guy in the same pose. I guess he jus' got zapped to snake heaven! :yes:)

Back
Top Bottom