Ctx vs nox targets

Steve

Forum Supporter
Looking for some feedback from experiences users.
Which junk targets give off similar numbers to gold targets? Those numbers you just have to dig.
If you have a photo of the actual target it would be great :yes:

Steve thats one heck of a difficult question.... why because the detectors consider size, density, some can up size or down size the digit based on settings, you have metal mixture, depth and minerals... all this can change a targets digital reading. The CTX does better at TID.... mostly because of more digits, dual digits, and the SmartScreen. Its much easier to say knock out a bottle cap on a CTX ...different position on the smartscreen. The Nox ... you better dig um. IF you dont want to dig something that in many cases wont be gold...... dont dig a penny UP.... but even then we have silver bands with gold bands on them..... how fun is this?

I've seen many people posting aluminum pop tops and bottle caps.
Can they be notched out and which machine can do it effectively ...
I'm facing a sea of ctx and eq during fresh drop season
Steve thats one heck of a difficult question.... why because the detectors consider size, density, some can up size or down size the digit based on settings, you have metal mixture, depth and minerals... all this can change a targets digital reading. The CTX does better at TID.... mostly because of more digits, dual digits, and the SmartScreen. Its much easier to say knock out a bottle cap on a CTX ...different position on the smartscreen. The Nox ... you better dig um. IF you dont want to dig something that in many cases wont be gold...... dont dig a penny UP.... but even then we have silver bands with gold bands on them..... how fun is this?

I've seen many people posting aluminum pop tops and bottle caps.
Can they be notched out and which machine can do it effectively ...
I'm facing a sea of ctx and eq during fresh drop season

I found an 11g 9k ring last year in a park. Came up as a solid 12:41. That's the same as a bottle cap or an Aussie 1c coin. Aussie 1c coins come up as a 22 on the equinox (got that off a chart someone posted on a local detecting group, as I don't have an equinox).

Most of the time shallow ones WE really don’t need the detector to tell us what we already know. Here’s the problem....I posted some time back why do people like to dig nickels. What I showed on the Nox is you are twice as likely digging a gold ring if you dig a pull tab or even bottle cap. I dig um.

Ive never had the pleasure of swinging a CTX. Just the Equinox 800. Gold can be -4 to 21. Have to make a decision based on depth and stableness of the signal. I only dig below 12 in tot lots. Most of the time its foil. I dig all solid 12s 13s 14s. I do dig a lot of good sounding newer rectangle style pop tops in this range. 15-18 are usually older style ring pulls. 19-21 are usually zinc pennies. If the signal is not solid and jumps a lot, I don't dig below 18. Unless it's a deep 17-18. Could be an Indian Head penny if the location is right. If any lower number just sounds good and stable, I'm digging hoping for gold. With that said, if I'm in a trashy park, i focus on the high tones.

Back
Top Bottom