Any Masonic Traveling men? Into MD

I have now been installed into the chair of King Somomon, quite an experience. :shock:
Congratulations Worshipful!
Yes it is quite an experience, but you still have many things to learn, and many amazing experiences ahead of you.....some of which are very humbling.

Congratulations Worshipful!
Yes it is quite an experience, but you still have many things to learn, and many amazing experiences ahead of you.....some of which are very humbling.

Thank you
I am all too aware of what lies ahead, but there is a great group of people
to help me along the way. I am looking forward to what lies ahead. :thumbsup:

It's taken seven years to get this far.

IMO, the most important thing to learn well is the memorial service. Simply memorizing and reciting it isn't enough. If you personalize it with vocal inflection and hand gestures while presenting it to the gathering it is far more meaningful.

During my year, I had the honor to memorialize our lodge's oldest PM and a dear friend of mine. I chose to step out from behind the podium and take center stage to deliver the bulk of my part. When it was over, our DDI (who was a real stickler) came up to me with tears in his eyes, gave me a hug, and told me that it was the most beautiful memorial he had ever heard and seen. His reaction only served to make the whole thing even more special to me, to know that I had made that sort of impact.

That sounds a marvelous thing to do, but as far as I know it's not something
we do here, and I've never see it at any other lodge.
The main thing I have to learn, are the inner workings to install the next
Master. There's a lot to learn.
The trouble is, the older you get the longer it takes to learn things. There's
a great sense of achievement when it finally sinks in.

Only one more meeting, when I have to install the new Master.
It's amazing where this last year has gone.
The older you get, the quicker it goes. :(

The year goes fast, but the memory of it stays with you the rest of your life, and you're a better man for it.
Welcome into the ranks of PM's. ;)

The year goes fast, but the memory of it stays with you the rest of your life, and you're a better man for it.
Welcome into the ranks of PM's. ;)

Thanks, it was a great experience. It took me 8 yrs to get there, which is pretty

quick compared to some Lodges. I can now relax a bit and learn things in my

own time. Probably joining one or two other orders, which I have put off until

now. Not wanting any distractions.

If this lockdown had happened just a couple of days later, I would now be a member of RA. I shall probably have to wait until January now.

First time in the history of the Grand Lodge F&AM of Arkansas that an edict came down to close the Blue Lodges of Arkansas. Am patiently awaiting for them to open back up. Sure miss my Masonic Brothers!

1986 PM of Magnolia Lodge #60
presently Senior Warden of Rubicon #627

We've been closed down here in the UK since early March, so we
had no Installation meeting for 2020. People's health comes first though.

We had our first meeting since the lockdown, in September.
It was a very brief meeting. Only six allowed, so more or less
an open and close. No catering at our centre.

We are conducting some business using Zoom.

We now hold our regular stated meetings, since our typical attendance is 9-10, we do not have to wear masks, because we are socially distanced. Now serving as Senior Warden in Rubicon Lodge no. 627 F & AM.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom