planter fasciatas!

metaladdict

Elite Member
I'm only 52 and my left heal hurts! I do stand all day but I must be getting old.:(
I guess its time to go get real expensive custom made soft shoes.:?:

Same here, 57, have spent the last 23 years M-F wearing hard-toe lineman’s boots that have ruined my feet. If I get into tennis shoes for the weekend, It hurts by Monday, no arch support.

I'm only 52 and my left heal hurts! I do stand all day but I must be getting old.:(
I guess its time to go get real expensive custom made soft shoes.:?:

Did you have x-rays taken of your feet? I had the same pain as you are went to a podiatrist he took x-rays my feet and found 2 bone spurs one pushing into my Achilles tendon and the other into my arch.. he gave me things to do since then all the pain has vanished.. rolling a water bottle with my feet helped as well as this boot you wear when you go to bed that you pump up and it stretches your tendons by forcing your toes up and towards your body.. I didn't believe in that thing but I have been pain free for 2 years now.

5 years ago I had unbearable pain in my heel, got to the point where I couldn't stand it. Went to podiatrist, did xrays, had bone spurs in Achilles tendon. Had to have surgery, was off work for 3 months & no metal detecting for months. There is a reason for the pain, don't wait get it checked. My advice.

First if all, go to a podiatrist. I went to one 5 years ago while I was training for the Boston Marathon and Plantar Fasciitis all but stopped my running. He gave me a steroid shot in the foot and made custom fit orthotics for my running shoes. No problems since and have ran many marathons plus a lot of miles.

Its time to see a podiatrist. BTDT. I wound up with custom inserts in my shoes. steroid injections and finally a med to fight the inflammation. Was almost at the point of having surgery when I finally got relief.

When I was still working full time I had plantar fasciitis in both heels for awhile because I was on my feet all day long but I got the problem solved with a pair of walking shoes that were recommended by a doctor. The shoes were made by Skechers but are no longer available. After I started wearing them the pain went away in almost no time.

Same here, 57, have spent the last 23 years M-F wearing hard-toe lineman’s boots that have ruined my feet. If I get into tennis shoes for the weekend, It hurts by Monday, no arch support.

Did you have x-rays taken of your feet? I had the same pain as you are went to a podiatrist he took x-rays my feet and found 2 bone spurs one pushing into my Achilles tendon and the other into my arch.. he gave me things to do since then all the pain has vanished.. rolling a water bottle with my feet helped as well as this boot you wear when you go to bed that you pump up and it stretches your tendons by forcing your toes up and towards your body.. I didn't believe in that thing but I have been pain free for 2 years now.

5 years ago I had unbearable pain in my heel, got to the point where I couldn't stand it. Went to podiatrist, did xrays, had bone spurs in Achilles tendon. Had to have surgery, was off work for 3 months & no metal detecting for months. There is a reason for the pain, don't wait get it checked. My advice.

First if all, go to a podiatrist. I went to one 5 years ago while I was training for the Boston Marathon and Plantar Fasciitis all but stopped my running. He gave me a steroid shot in the foot and made custom fit orthotics for my running shoes. No problems since and have ran many marathons plus a lot of miles.

Its time to see a podiatrist. BTDT. I wound up with custom inserts in my shoes. steroid injections and finally a med to fight the inflammation. Was almost at the point of having surgery when I finally got relief.

When I was still working full time I had plantar fasciitis in both heels for awhile because I was on my feet all day long but I got the problem solved with a pair of walking shoes that were recommended by a doctor. The shoes were made by Skechers but are no longer available. After I started wearing them the pain went away in almost no time.

Thanks everybody, I will do something about it after I procrastinate some more.:roll::lol:

had that as well

After years of standing on a concrete floor at work all day , each step was pain. I tried a shoe that Sketcher came out for walking ( SHAPE UP ) not sure if they still sell them under that name was a law suite because they advertised weight loss. They had a slight curve to the bottom , these really helped my feet a lot the pain went away all together. I ended up buying several pairs for work and regular use .

I feel your pain Metal, and I’m a few years younger :lol:

Tennis ball roll on bottom of foot and the towel pull from the toes towards you are supposedly helpful. I’m too lazy to take care of it properly like that.

I recently bought some DC brand skateboard shoes, and man so they help, for some reason.

Good luck man!

Sketchers soultion

I had good results with the Sketcher Shape up shoes really did the job for my feet and the relief was quick. If you can find a pair of them you might give them a try. I bought them in tennis shoes , dresser shoes and even sandals really liked them.

The longer you procrastinate the worse it will get and the harder it will become to get relief. Ask me how I know.

Another tip: For long days on your feet at work, don't wear the same pair of shoes 2 days in a row. Have 2 or 3 pairs of comfortable shoes, and switch daily. It was recommended where I used to work, and it helped.

I have the same issue and I'm only 36, I have it in both feet. Been a postal carrier for 14 years. So I know the pain you're feeling. Hope anyone that ever experiences this, you will all get relief! And Happy hunting as well!

Plantar Fasciitis happens easily to those with heel spurs (myself included). It took me a few months to shake it. Another thing is to avoid landing hard on your heel and bruising it. Feels just the same. My doctor said sometimes surgery is worse than letting it heal naturally and using heel supports.

Yeah due to a bone spur in my Achilles i had to quit wearing dive boots. I actually started hunting barefoot all year long two years ago. After wearing dive boots i almost felt like having my foot cut off and go carbon fiber.

I had good results with the Sketcher Shape up shoes really did the job for my feet and the relief was quick. If you can find a pair of them you might give them a try. I bought them in tennis shoes , dresser shoes and even sandals really liked them.

I bought a pair of those shape-ups and they made the plantar fasciitis go away quickly. I then went out and bought another pair. They were kind of ugly looking but they solved my problems. They stopped making them a long time ago.

Sketcher shape up

I bought a pair of those shape-ups and they made the plantar fasciitis go away quickly. I then went out and bought another pair. They were kind of ugly looking but they solved my problems. They stopped making them a long time ago.
I have seen some showing up on Amazon now and then still , they really do help I bought up several pairs as they were being discontinued , finally wore them all out. They might have similar shoe under a new name now due to the law suits on the old name. The law suits were all about their claim of weight loss , (who cares) I was getting foot pain relief and still like sketchers shoes. Would definatly buy them again really helped me.

Ouch

I feel your pain, been off last 8 weeks, came down hard on my left foot, broke my foot. Messed up my ligaments. Just started walking again two weeks ago. Good pair of shoes is my next purchase.

I bought a set of inserts at Academy made for plantar faciatis and they took care of my problem and didn't cost a fortune like custom ones. I think they were made by Dr Scholls.

Cliff

Back
Top Bottom