New Club

Granddaddy Roy

I am considering starting a new metal detecting club here in central New York. I have always gone by my self or with my brother so this would be something new. To my knowledge there are no clubs in my area. I now have 5 more folks who I have introduced to the hobby who are patiently waiting for spring. Any thoughts on how I should proceed?

I did an online search using the words:

how to start a metal detecting club

and there were 2 results on the first page of results telling how to start a metal detecting club.

you can read what those say as well as get input from members here who are also members of a local club.

You and your friends should probably decide if you want to be a formal club with bylaws, positions with certain responsibilities, meetings where you don't do any hunting, and membership dues to pay for club expenses, or if you're just talking about an informal group of people who regularly get together to hunt and share finds.

You and your friends should probably decide if you want to be a formal club with bylaws, positions with certain responsibilities, meetings where you don't do any hunting, and membership dues to pay for club expenses, or if you're just talking about an informal group of people who regularly get together to hunt and share finds.

I like that, it would be more like a "gang"

Metal Detecting Club = formal
Metal Detecting Gang = informal

Back
Top Bottom