Gray Ghost Amphibians Volume Control

Diggum

Elite Member
My son commented on my headphone volume control having no effect on the sound. I have to agree with him, and am thinking I should repair them. Thankfully, they're stuck on loud, but it would be nice to reduce the volume at times. Does anyone have any advice on repair?

My son commented on my headphone volume control having no effect on the sound. I have to agree with him, and am thinking I should repair them. Thankfully, they're stuck on loud, but it would be nice to reduce the volume at times. Does anyone have any advice on repair?

I would tell you to switch out the potentiometer(volume control) with another but I have had the cups off mine that had a ctx end put on them and the backside of the potentiometer is smothered in epoxy. It would void the warranty trying anyhow so if I were you I would contact detectorpro first and see if they will take care of them..

Call Gary at detector pro and ask to send them back..He is very good about this kind of stuff.

And the pot can be easily removed using a heat gun, they use hot glue to seal...

Attachments

• OBN0427.jpg
    OBN0427.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 152
Thanks for the advice, guys! I'll have a look at the pot. I bought these used, so Detector Pro won't do warranty work on them. Where can I get the pot?

PS Sorry it's been so long for me to respond! I'd actually forgotten I created the thread! :laughing:

I called up DetectorPro, and they are very reasonable on the repair costs, so I think I'll be sending them in... Thanks, all!

Back
Top Bottom