• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

I want one of these AT pro coils

Interesting. I bet it would make a great fresh water hunting coil. There is so much trash in the rivers we hunt, especially around old ford's, boat landings & old piers. Thanks for the info.

Looks like a winner, I like the idea of a DD sniper coil.
I swear by my NEL Attack coil for water hunting that thing hits deeper than I want to dig most days.

EDIT: Hey Ice Scratcher you want to hit Gold chains I bet this sucker would do it! :cool:

the sharp was impressive enough for me on my EurotekPro b4 but i lost too much gap in between sweeps...with this Snake coil looks like you can cover an area better than the hocky puck type.

Would it be that much better than the 5X8 DD coil from Garrett?

Just asking

The shorter and slimmer profile would make it more useful than the 5x8 under some conditions , but it dont "appear" like it loses any depth for its size. Not better than the 5x8 , but under the right conditions it could be a better choice.

Would it be that much better than the 5X8 DD coil from Garrett?

Just asking

I think he tested the 5/8 called it the 8/5 ? His swing speed was a little fast for me , I know it was just a demo ! I thought the Nel sounded sharper , I just wish that if your going to take the time to make a vid , take a little more time and find some undug targets to go head to head with.
Thanks for sharing
HH

If anyone buys one of these coils , please post a review asap!!i was gona buy a 5x8 garrett coil for my new AT Pro...but im thinking this is even better for trash!!:yes:

It will be a while before I can justify the expense so I dont think I will have one in the near future , but thats what I am hoping for too , a better coil for trashy sites....which is about all I hunt lately.

Was looking to buy this coil right now but can't seem to find it in USA. Anyone here known where i can get it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think he tested the 5/8 called it the 8/5 ? His swing speed was a little fast for me , I know it was just a demo !
I thought the Nel sounded sharper , I just wish that if your going to take the time to make a vid , take a little more time and find some undug targets to go head to head with.
Thanks for sharing
HH

You nailed it right there, NEL coils are geared tighter to each individual machine frequency, you can't use a AT Pro NEL coil on an AT Gold machine.
I find they hyper define a target. There have been a few times the mid tone I hit was just so smooth I knew it was Gold before I scooped it up.

NEL coils have a learning curve in my experience, but once it clicks they are killers.

Not anymore. I bought the last one. Should be here tomorrow! Yay

Let us know what you think of it

I'll be sure to do that. Hopefully Sunday I'll be able to give it a run for its money on the Blacksmith field I found that has massive amounts of iron. The 5x8 has found a few Large Cents, V nickel, and many flat buttons the past few weeks. I considered the sniper, but didn't want to give up the depth. The NEL snake I'm hoping to give me a little bit more tightness on the separation of the iron without the loss of depth. It'll definitely be put to the test in this field though.

Back
Top Bottom