Sovereign GT sensitivity & thought it was gold

TheSaint

Just got my Sovereign GT, and have pretty much dialed in my settings for the beaches I will be hunting. It seems very sensitive as I have found some pretty small items down 6-8 inches, and some quarters much deeper. When I saw the round edge of the lip stick I thought for a second it was a gold ring, oh well. This was my 3rd time out and am starting to get faster at pinpointing and quickly digging my finds. Like everyone else I am hoping for gold, silver and other goodies but have yet to find them. Only 3rd time out, and now wanting to hit the low tides and work the wet sand in front of the life guard stands, and also beach entrances/exits.

Consider one thing.... don't go out at night without a pinpointer on the wet/dry sand.... the sequins (Sequins: disk-shaped beads used for decorative purposes) falling off the bathing suits will drive you nuts.... and sequins, grommets and small rivets really sound good. Amazing some of the small stuff you can find with it.

Cliff

Keep at it, gold comes when you least expect it! What I do... when I get a nice low/mid tone, as I am digging it I am chanting "Please be gold, please please please be gold...", and sometimes it works! :lol:

Just got my Sovereign GT, and have pretty much dialed in my settings for the beaches I will be hunting. It seems very sensitive as I have found some pretty small items down 6-8 inches, and some quarters much deeper. When I saw the round edge of the lip stick I thought for a second it was a gold ring, oh well. This was my 3rd time out and am starting to get faster at pinpointing and quickly digging my finds. Like everyone else I am hoping for gold, silver and other goodies but have yet to find them. Only 3rd time out, and now wanting to hit the low tides and work the wet sand in front of the life guard stands, and also beach entrances/exits.

Congrats on your hunt... I have found most of my gold is coming in tone wise as small pieces of canslaw or foil... its all been super lowtones.

Keep at it, gold comes when you least expect it! What I do... when I get a nice low/mid tone, as I am digging it I am chanting "Please be gold, please please please be gold...", and sometimes it works! :lol:

I will have to change to your mantra, I have been singing the old Ballantine Beer jingle, "Make a ring and add another ring.........:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom