Maintaining your beach detectors.

I am thinking about it. WOT coil cover has a crack now. VA max has that. Any pics? How long does it last, and does sand ever get in there? Just curious. Thanks. hh an gl -Joe

You coil cover guys need to buy yourself some marine epoxy. :D

I am thinking about it. WOT coil cover has a crack now. VA max has that. Any pics? How long does it last, and does sand ever get in there? Just curious. Thanks. hh an gl -Joe

I use marine epoxy in place of a coil cover. It goes straight on the coil... and is permanent. After many hours of hunting it will wear through the epoxy in spots, but then you just sand the area and apply a bit more epoxy. If you do end up applying the epoxy, make sure to scuff the coil with sandpaper anywhere the epoxy will go, to give the epoxy something to grab on to.

Attachments

• PC200022.JPG
    PC200022.JPG
    51.7 KB · Views: 75
  • PC200021.JPG
    PC200021.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 68
That looks good. I think that is something I am going to do soon, maybe this week. Rinsing off stuff will be ten times easier. Thanks for pics. hh an gl -Joe

I use marine epoxy in place of a coil cover. It goes straight on the coil... and is permanent. After many hours of hunting it will wear through the epoxy in spots, but then you just sand the area and apply a bit more epoxy. If you do end up applying the epoxy, make sure to scuff the coil with sandpaper anywhere the epoxy will go, to give the epoxy something to grab on to.

My Viper

I silicon spray the coil n battery wire and that's it, everything is sealed. And with this I have to rebuilt, looks like every 2 to 3 years. I think if I took better care it may add a year. I use a coil cover all the time, that I do pull off and dunk to get the sand out ever few hunts. My last remote PP toggle, lasted 4 years..never hosed it or anything...they are tuff....You guys need to get a Trident Viper...:yes:

Back
Top Bottom