The spoils of Myrtle Beach

CanSlaw

Elite Member
There is not a lot to report, but that's the way it goes at times. Three weeks of hunting, 90 % wet sand due to surf conditions yielded one 6.1 gram gold, four silvers, a few junkers, clad, a $150 pair of Oakley's but they are scratched pretty bad, and a pile of recyclables and a junk Timex. The pull tabs and junk were deposited in the beach trash cans.

We moved on today for a few days of fresh water hunting before heading home next week. I still might get in another day of beach hunting after the weekend crowd leaves. This is the last weekend before school starts and the traffic in Myrtle Beach was more than we could handle with the "last" weekend at the beach traffic.

It's been fun trip, lots of hunting with some old friends and a new one CTCurt. Learned a lot about the CTX first hand and that was a true learning experience. That is one flimsy, amazing detector. Now if ML would just build it to hunt real water conditions. Until then, it is a great weatherproof beach machine.

Attachments

• DSC01548.JPG
    DSC01548.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 836
  • DSC01547.JPG
    DSC01547.JPG
    137.9 KB · Views: 567
  • DSC01541.JPG
    DSC01541.JPG
    115.3 KB · Views: 567
You're living the dream, one day I will travel the countryside in an RV detecting as I go.

:laughing:

Flimsy Chuck ? :laughing:, you aren't going to make any friends talking about the CTX like that :lol: You blew your chance at being a paid spokesman for sure :D

Its all about having a good time and if the gold was there you would have found it...

Congrats on the gold and .925!

I love me my CTX3030! It does what I need it to do.

It is one impressive machine, I am still in shock with the depth. Just wish it was more seaworthy for my type of hunting. I can believe it is doing the job for you.

:laughing:

Flimsy Chuck ? :laughing:, you aren't going to make any friends talking about the CTX like that :lol: You blew your chance at being a paid spokesman for sure :D

Its all about having a good time and if the gold was there you would have found it...

Hey, at least I am honest and it is a good machine, just not deep saltwater ready, and that is what I hunt. No chance anybody would have me for a paid spokesman, I am too honest and will tell it like it is :lol: I don't post finds from my local hunting area, so that lets me out for impressing anybody.:yes:

We had a great time and I know as soon as we leave, the beaches will start cutting.

Put a WOT or 10x12 on a GT and you will find the deep stuff... :yes:

I have a coil that is a little better plus a 10x12 SEF... I wouldn't be saying what I have about the CTX if I thought the GT was as deep. One of these days I will have the opportunity to test the two detectors side by side. Or I will look forward to someone else doing that test.

I have a coil that is a little better plus a 10x12 SEF... I wouldn't be saying what I have about the CTX if I thought the GT was as deep. One of these days I will have the opportunity to test the two detectors side by side. Or I will look forward to someone else doing that test.

The way I run my GT right now with the stock 10 inch coil its very deep... when I get my SEF I plan on hunting all the spots that gave up my gold so far this year... I see one or two guys doing very well with that machine but they hunt a lot as well... from what I have seen on the net its killer in the dirt and wet sand but in the water it gets lost and swinging it is like swinging an oar... I'll stick with my GT :yes:

My GT isn't waterproof but neither is the CTX :laughing:

Well Chuck, at least you got a few keepers. I had a blast hunting with you, we'll meet up again I'm sure. I thought it was cool digging those .50cals. Good luck on the fresh water.....:grin:

Nice hunt though, good ring count! I've got to say i'm a bit jealous of being able to pull up to the beach and stay overnight in comfort though...

Hard to believe you were there three weeks, time sure flies. They cool thing is you meet several great people and had a chance to hit the surf and learn. I enjoy doing different beach's cause they relate sometimes to conditions that may arise later on my own hunting grounds....Nice haul CS!!

Well Chuck, at least you got a few keepers. I had a blast hunting with you, we'll meet up again I'm sure. I thought it was cool digging those .50cals. Good luck on the fresh water.....:grin:

Thanks Curt, it was fun. It doesn't take much for us to make a trip to MB, so I am sure we will hunt together again, it was fun. I gave a few .50 cals to tourist that thought they were cool too and wanted them for their kids. At least they were excited that they were part of WWII history.

Thanks Curt, it was fun. It doesn't take much for us to make a trip to MB, so I am sure we will hunt together again, it was fun. I gave a few .50 cals to tourist that thought they were cool too and wanted them for their kids. At least they were excited that they were part of WWII history.

I looked up the headstamps on the ones I found. They were made by the Saint Louis Ordnance Co. in 1943...:grin:

3 weeks at the beach. WOW,,,, I haven't been to the beach in 15 - 20 years.

Have you ever hunted the beach after a BIG storm.

Did you use anything else other than the CTX.

Was your results better at the edge, in the water, or further up where people sit?

Back
Top Bottom