Jealous?

Hey now... Thats a good find right there...lol. At least you could find the 925 on it. I just dug my first ring tonight and Im gonna find that damn 925 on it also, even if I have to stamp it myself...lol

That is an awesome find. Just taking the time to sift through the sand and not think that your detector is broken is worth it. I have yet to find anything of value that small.
Who am I kidding I have yet to find anything valuable:laughing:

This reminds me of a winter day on a pond. Ice fishing with my older brother and his good friend. We must have set 20 traps over 3 football fields of area. And we got one flag. And no fish.

We broke our balls boring out holes, setting the traps, dropped cash on bait. And nothing. All frigging day. Chris is a riot, you'd have to be there. To put it bluntly, he said "this is why they call it fishing, not fish catching..."

And I will say this. This is why its called metal detecting, not gold finding.

I have gone well over 800 hours [solid hunting] without a gold find.

There. I sacked some serious dignity.

hh an gl. -Joe

***edit for clarity. My 800 hr dry spell was in past. Current dry spell running around 60 hours 2011-2012]. No big deal, its a labor of love.

Went out on a 4 hour hunt last night, and man... struck it big this time...

Wait for it...

Wait for it...

Ok here it is... try not to be too jealous... :lol:

This reminds me of a winter day on a pond. Ice fishing with my older brother and his good friend. We must have set 20 traps over 3 football fields of area. And we got one flag. And no fish.

We broke our balls boring out holes, setting the traps, dropped cash on bait. And nothing. All frigging day. Chris is a riot, you'd have to be there. To put it bluntly, he said "this is why they call it fishing, not fish catching..."

And I will say this. This is why its called metal detecting, not gold finding.

I have gone well over 800 hours [solid hunting] without a gold find.

There. I sacked some serious dignity.

hh an gl. -Joe

How true!
BH

Good job on finding that! I think I see your reflection on the side opposite the hallmark.

Good eye! :D

I'm jealous of your impeccable photography skills!

The camera is an Olympus TG2, it has something called super macro mode. Pretty much you get to normal macro distance, then zoom in, and it ends up with crazy close up pics like that. Top picture is the macro mode without zooming in, bottom is after zooming in. Works great for hallmarks! It's all the camera, I suck at photography... :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom