• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Competition?

Same here , I'm retired for two yrs. now & I hunt quite abit.
Home is on the market here NY, then heading your way FL. You just might see another hunter on the beach:yes:

That's OK, everyone else has done the same thing. That's why I head up north to hunt. :lol: In fact we are leaving this morning.

I am the one that is always out on the beach I have had older guys come up and say why arent you working. I always tell them because I dont want to pay for there social security. There are a few people that I see regularly on the beach this year and about a hand full of new people

They seeded your spot it sounds like.

I took the day off to hunt the site of an annual festival here in Tulsa. I notice right away that the only signals are pennies. I picked up close to $5 in pennies, and $2 in other clad. Most of the time I didn't need a detector since the grass is beat down. Last year i picked up a bunch of jewelry and clad.
I walk over the restroom and there is a park worker coming out and he asks how I am doing on the hunt. He then says the 3 guys out here yesterday did pretty good. :mad::mad::mad: These guys were good enough to cherry pick and I bet there are still $10 worth of pennies I passed over.

So yes there are hunters everywhere.....

Id say its more to do with the economy and value of gold then a few tv shows. just my opinion. hh an gl -Joe

Absolutely 100% correct AQ !!

I counted 10 on a Wed morning in October ..

It's a public beach so all are entitled to hunt there, but it's a different detecting world nowadays ..

I can remember when I knew everybody on a first name basis and that was about 3-4 guys and that was usually only after a storm ..

The gold fever has struck and a the shows on tv have just fueled the fire ..

Good luck my friend .. I'm sure we will still do fine , just smaller pieces of pie :)

The hobby is definately picking up here in Korea. I've seen other detectorist 5 times in the past year. Twice it was a club of 11 people who swarm onto the same beach and I call the "vultures" because they are like locusts. I do find comfort that each time I've seen them I've pulled a 24K, but still they worry me.

HaHa! Check out the post that brought this thread back to life. It didn't say anything, and then everyone goes on like the thread never died.:laughing::laughing: Oh well, since I'm here, 2 months without a find. It's slowed to a crawl now. Better luck with a can on a street corner, although I'm sure some guy with a detector will run by and scoop it up.:lol:

Tell us about your latest treasure though...daddy:crybaby:
I changed my last diaper recently. Your starting all over again:lol:

Back
Top Bottom