Stupidity 101...

My Three Stooges moment happened while painting the outside of a house. I'd worked a 12 hour shift until 4 in the morning, got home at about 5AM, and slept until 7:30. Painting began at 8:00, so I wasn't totally with it when the painting began. I was up on an 8' ladder painting the eves of the house. I had my white paint in plastic pail, I imagine it was about 6 to 8 quarts in capacity... I finished the section I was working on and came down the ladder to move it a couple more feet to the right. What I didn't realize was that I'd left the paint bucket sitting up on the top rung... so as I pulled the ladder away from the wall, the bucket tipped and fell. Bullseye! The bucket fell and landed upside down on my head. I was covered from head to toe with white paint. I was lucky that we were using latex, and the outside shower was right next to where the incident happened. Dang, I wish I had a video of that. It wasn't funny to me at the time, but everyone else got a good laugh out of it.:laughing::laughing:

Now that I'm thinking about it, I've had some other painting mishaps... but they will remain untold until another time...

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

Now that DEFINITELY qualifies as a "3 stooges" moment stooges.gif, even a "Laurel and Hardy" moment too ! pieinface.gif

I definitely wasn't doubting your incident happened at all, just thought it would be neat to see a pic, I wish I had a pic of my dump truck goof :lol:

Sounds like you're in an area where people expect earthquakes, bet they were relieved when they saw the carport :lol:

I had a friend who drove into an indoor parking area under a row of florescence lights without taking down his CB antenna. It broke everyone of them as he went under them.

I had a friend who drove into an indoor parking area under a row of florescence lights without taking down his CB antenna. It broke everyone of them as he went under them.

Technically, that area is an environmental hazard that will require expensive cleanup to remove the mercury from the parking area. If the parking people caught him, it could have cost your buddy 10's of 1000's of dollars to clean up.

I could see the expressions now of people who saw it :shock::shock::shock: :laughing::laughing::laughing:

.....hopefully they'll start using those new LED tube lights instead.

Technically, that area is an environmental hazard that will require expensive cleanup to remove the mercury from the parking area. If the parking people caught him, it could have cost your buddy 10's of 1000's of dollars to clean up.

This happened years ago. They probably just took a broom and swept up the glass.

Well Murphy's law is in effect all the time.

But Darwinism is slow to react. This post made me smile. What a way to start the day.

Just when you think people can't take stupid to the next level. Natural Selection should take care of these people, but, there seems to be laws and ethical guidelines that requires intervention after the fact to stave off the protective hands of natural selection.

I don't have a photo but I do have a story.

In order to promote safety, my city commission passed a "hands-free driving" ordinance, meaning, you can't hold a phone in your hand while driving--you have to use Blue Tooth--hands free. Because driving with a cell phone in-hand is so unsafe, the city commission exempted law enforcement. :shock: You get that? :?:They exempted law enforcement from a safety ordinance! :mad: I wonder if they are exempt from the driving while intoxicated laws, too. :roll:

Now the State of Kansas is debating a statewide hands-free law. I wonder if the stupidity will spread to the whole state... :(

Back
Top Bottom