Emerald Isle NC

SgtDball

Getting back into it with a new Metal Detector ready to hit the beach. Would love to have someone to go with. I live near Emerald Isle, but I go to Topsail island. I wanted to kayak out to bear island since it is uninhabited but apparently we can't metal detect at parks from what i read on this forum.

Getting back into it with a new Metal Detector ready to hit the beach. Would love to have someone to go with. I live near Emerald Isle, but I go to Topsail island. I wanted to kayak out to bear island since it is uninhabited but apparently we can't metal detect at parks from what i read on this forum.

Could be some special circumstances for the island, but as a "norm", metal detecting is prohibited in all state parks. Key word for you may be "uninhabited", as in no one there (?). I live NW of you, on John H Kerr Reservoir, on the NC/VA line, and we've got multiple state parks here, plus 900 miles of USACE controlled shoreline, but there is no metal detecting allowed. What a waste !

Could be some special circumstances for the island, but as a "norm", metal detecting is prohibited in all state parks. Key word for you may be "uninhabited", as in no one there (?). I live NW of you, on John H Kerr Reservoir, on the NC/VA line, and we've got multiple state parks here, plus 900 miles of USACE controlled shoreline, but there is no metal detecting allowed. What a waste !

Ya I am fairly certain Bear island is hammocks beach state park. But there are multiple islands in the ICW that can be searched. I am hoping an old shipwreck happened many years ago in the ICW and washed some goodies around.

Back
Top Bottom