New to Austin, TX

Gimmie The Loot

Elite Member
Anyone interested in doing some detecting in Central Texas? I am not new to detecting but new to this state. So far the few places I've tried have been pounded to death. Not even pull tabs!

Jason's a great guy and fun to detect with. Someone should take him up. He loves doing research.

LOL thanks J. Miss you bud. Got a merc today but haven't cleaned the dirt off yet. I want to let the excitement go for a bit before I see the date.

And an update - I did find pull tabs today - Lots of them.

Anyone interested in doing some detecting in Central Texas? I am not new to detecting but new to this state. So far the few places I've tried have been pounded to death. Not even pull tabs!

There's a very active MD club in Austin that you are competing against. Ya might want to join to at least go on the club hunts and talk to the olde time locals.

HH.

I am very close to Waco TX. I have a Daughter who lives in Hutto and works in Austin. I would love to find a Hunting Partner but unfortunately most people I hunt with are a lot less enthusiastic than I am.

I am very close to Waco TX. I have a Daughter who lives in Hutto and works in Austin. I would love to find a Hunting Partner but unfortunately most people I hunt with are a lot less enthusiastic than I am.

Hey there - since posting my original message, my wife and I have had a baby with another on the way. My detecting dreams have been put on hold for a few years until they can come out with me. Good thing is that I have lots of time to do research!

Cheers!

Hey there - since posting my original message, my wife and I have had a baby with another on the way. My detecting dreams have been put on hold for a few years until they can come out with me. Good thing is that I have lots of time to do research!

Cheers!

Congrats on the additions to your family!

I live in Drippn ..on a ranch thats full of relics

but also full of nails..i dont even bother detecting here at home..i like going where i think i might find gold or jewelry or coins ..looking for someone who wants to hit padre with me sometime ..after this hurricane Harvey might churn up more Spanish gold coins ..still trying to find out where detecting is forbidden near the Mansfield cut,,four gold ships went down in a storm there in the 1500s and when they dredged out the cut they tore through a hull and now gold washes up on shore there after big storms,,but in that area,,theres no detecting zones

but also full of nails..i dont even bother detecting here at home..i like going where i think i might find gold or jewelry or coins ..looking for someone who wants to hit padre with me sometime ..after this hurricane Harvey might churn up more Spanish gold coins ..still trying to find out where detecting is forbidden near the Mansfield cut,,four gold ships went down in a storm there in the 1500s and when they dredged out the cut they tore through a hull and now gold washes up on shore there after big storms,,but in that area,,theres no detecting zones

I would be interested in hitting Padre sometime!

Back
Top Bottom