Help! Appleton, WI

coldchili

I lost my wedding ring in my backyard last night playing with the kids. I thought no problem, just get out the ace150 and find it. Well after an hour in the dark no luck, so I've went from calm to freaking out. I believe it ended up in the neighbors landscaping, bushes, shrubs, etc. and I've talked to them and they are good with me searching anytime. I'm reaching out to see if there is a more experienced detector in the area who could help out.

Thanks!

First it will be a surface find,
I have an ace 250, if your 150 is like it, you might want to try the custom mode or jewelry mode?
I wouldn't think that you'll need full sensitivity as that it should be on the surface......You could also get an idea of the tone you're looking for by swiping your spouses ring. ( by swipe, I mean running it over the coil)
Are they closely matched rings?
then you can ID the pitch/tone and the cursor on your detector,
also maybe , shake the bushes or shrubs. Maybe it got hung up on it's fall.
GOOD LUCK

First it will be a surface find,
I have an ace 250, if your 150 is like it, you might want to try the custom mode or jewelry mode?
I wouldn't think that you'll need full sensitivity as that it should be on the surface......You could also get an idea of the tone you're looking for by swiping your spouses ring. ( by swipe, I mean running it over the coil)
Are they closely matched rings?
then you can ID the pitch/tone and the cursor on your detector,
also maybe , shake the bushes or shrubs. Maybe it got hung up on it's fall.
GOOD LUCK

Being on the surface, you think it might help to actually sweep a little higher than normal? Like maybe 2 inches off the dirt? It might get a better solid type signal if it is just on top?

What metal is it? How thick? Ex: gold 14k, 18k, silver?

Also, if you have a pinpointer, you could get in really close to the shrubs where you aren't able to fit the detector coil.

I forgot, DO NOT mow the yard before you find it.

Last edited:
Live in appleton and willing to help

Live in appleton and willing to help

lost ring

I would be willing to help,.I live in appleton and have had expereince

Thank you everyone for the offers and tips it is appreciated! I came home from work today and gave it another shot, and found it! I had my detector but was pretty much in plain sight, just not in the spot I had expected it to be (thank goodness). It was also embarrassingly easy to spot in the day light, so no need for a detector. Thanks again!!!!

Wow , good to see all the guys from the valley stepping up in time of need . Sounds like a good batch . You should all get togeather and hunt sometime . Before it snows đź‘Ť Good to have a network in times of crisis .
HH , and not far away either .
Dew

Back
Top Bottom