• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Grandfathers wedding ring returned to family

Mountain Mike

Elite Member
I went knocking doors last week looking for some new places to hunt last week. I saw a really cool looking church with woods growing up around it. It looked really old. I noticed a lady out in her yard next door so I pulled in and started asking her about the church and all. Anyway at the end of the conversation I asked about hunting her yard as she had been really nice and the house had appropriate age on it. I told her I would come back another day as it was late. She said fine. I came back with a buddy and hunted it for a couple hours but she was not home at the time. We found 5 Wheaties, some being fairly old. Also found was a couple cool old things and a ring. I did not think much of it at the time as it was 18K plate with only the plate remaining on the inside. It was around 5 inches down and rang up at 12-37 (penny) on the etrac. A couple days later I wrote her a nice thank you text and told her what was found. She got very excited and started relaying a story from her grandmother. Telling of her grandfather losing his ring in the yard many years earlier. Needless to say I made sure that ring got back to her. It is amazing how things that have no monetary value can be priceless to some. We should remember no matter what we think about the object we just dug out of the ground it could have been or still is important to someone.

Attachments

• wring.JPG
    wring.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 360
Great story. Thanks for sharing. You did a good deed and maybe it will lead to more permissions to hunt in that area - word gets around.

So very true about the item we just found could hold great sentiment to someone even if it's got no monetary value. :) GREAT STORY! Thank you for sharing!

Back
Top Bottom