Minelab Musketeer or Ace 250 Pro or Prism III

popeye_nat

I am a beginner and live here in Texas. I have done a lot of research on which detector to buy. I do intend to go to the beach and hunt in soft dry sand as well as all the great ghosttowns here in Texas. The difference in price is between the cheapest and most expensive is $80.00.

What do you guys and gals recommend?

Oh hell, I'll stop procrastinating and buy the Minelab!

Nat

Musketeer if you don't want target ID or Ace250 if you do. The Musky is a lot better though. Some use it as there primary detector.

Thanks Guys,

I am buying it tomorrow and heading down to the beach (after reading the manual). Thanks alot, I am very excited and hope to share some treasure with the forum.

Brgds,

Nathan

I have a Ace 250 now and I use to have the Musketeer Advantage.I still have the older Musketeer Colt. I guess The Musketeers detectes deeper then the Ace250, but I couldn't tell the the good signals from the bad signals unless I really raised my disc up.
My entire Musketeer Advantage outfit was stolen from me before I could really get the hang of it. Shortly after that I bought a used Tesoro Toltec 100 and fell in love with the ID meter. That taught me so much about how detectors process different signals, Alas,,,the Toltec has a problem and since I'm not the original owner I 'll have to pay to get it repaired. Then I barrowed a Ace 250 from a friend and just love it. I was finding so much more then I had with any other detectors that I have I used. I'm finding more keepers but not as deep I think. The learning curve is a little harder for the Advantage but once you master it you should do rather well with it. You'll be amazed with it as you pull a old rusty bottle cap from 10 inches in the ground. I know I was. But I also found my 1st silver coin with the Advantage the first day I used it. My friend has barrowed the musketeer colt and we're both happy so I do believe we just traded detectors.
Good luck and welcome aboard.

The Minelab Advantage is probably the best value for the buck of any detector especially for depth and target separation. Most round coin sized targets have a smooth mellow tone with little variance but targets nearing discrimination setpoint will chop and irregular shaped objects will have a fuzzy choppy staccato sound. Ain't nuthin sweeter than the faint smooth whisper on a deep deep target from the Musky. Most rusty bottlecaps will id themselves as they either disappear or chop tone upon a quick swift coil pass.
I traded a CZ5 because the Advantage was getting better depth under most conditions at my sites.
With the control box mounted under the arm cuff the weight is so balanced it's almost effortless to swing all day.
Get a 5" Excelerator coil and it's one of the best heavy trash high coin hunters made in my opinion.
I love target ID machines and have a few myself but the Advantage is one special detector in my humble opinion and the Ace may have a slight advantage with a sniper coil at the trashiest sites depending on your willingness to dig. HH Bill

Back
Top Bottom