Why people are selling their minelab equinox?

juit

Elite Member
Ive seen them all over town lately, for me the vdi small scale is a down plus ive delt with minelab warranty and promised never buying from them, but now im intrigued that ive seen them on sale in craigslist ebay and forums

probably just going up to the 800.... you want to see a loss try to sell a used detector at this time...whats a nokta relic or impact bring these days?

Ive seen them all over town lately, for me the vdi small scale is a down plus ive delt with minelab warranty and promised never buying from them, but now im intrigued that ive seen them on sale in craigslist ebay and forums

Well, if you see the Nox selling for more than the list price, the owner is probably selling it to make money :)

Seriously, no matter how good it is, the Nox won't suit everyone. One person who posted about his experience, sold his Nox because he felt his Explorer 2 worked better for him--fair enough. Another said the Nox was just too different in operation from the machines he was used to. Someone else did not like learning a new TID range.

Now, if you're looking for things people don't like about the Nox (most people seem to like it, overall), there is a thread somewhere. Ones I can think of are:
--600's backlighting is too bright (true--I have the 600)
--rod mechanism is flimsy (I haven't had any problems)
--coil is too "sharp" in focus, has to be positioned just so over some targets (this MAY be true, but could also could contribute to great separation)
--Nox is coil heavy (seemed a bit that way at first, but I shortened the shaft another notch and it was fine)
--TID range cramped in places (true, but depends what you compare against)
--TID and depth info not that accurate (true compared to Etrac/CTX, but depends what you compare against)
--accessories still not available (6" coil reportedly coming soon)
--does not come with printed manual or charger (true)

I saw one post where the guy liked the machine but could not stand the tones? Another said he just did not want to relearn a new machine, always gonna be those kinds.

Probably

Cause they can't get accessories , i am getting aggravated myself, BS i call it, not good for customer satisfaction :mad: PS It's not any of our sponsor's fault, they are great, it's ML fault for not sharing WHEN :roll:

There will always be folks who sell.

Could be they need money.
Could be a divorce.
Could be a breakup with boy fried or girlfriend.
Could be they don't like detector.
Could be their wife makes them sell. So they may have 2 and pick one to offload.
Could be health reasons.
Could be they want Etrac or CTX or another detector, hence they have to sell to raise funds to buy.
They don't have time to detect due to commitments they have just learned about.
A sick relative.
A relative who passes.
A car problem.
Moving to another area.

Loads of reasons why.
And some folks may hedge on the real reason(s) for fear of embarrassment or think folks will have a lower opinion of them.

Could be it didn't make that pounded site new. Sure it will probably find a few more keepers, but that site gave up the goods years ago.

Could be that smaller TID range.

It's easier to be accurate when using an ID scale half the size of some machines.

... ive seen them on sale in craigslist ebay and forums
Yup, me too. The $900 MSRP Equinox 800s are selling for $1,200-1,500 on CL.
I don't see a defect or problem with the equipment, I see capitalists. :yes:

Could be it didn't make that pounded site new. Sure it will probably find a few more keepers, but that site gave up the goods years ago.
Yup, I think this will be the most prevalent reason for used sales.

Most of the 600's for sale at MAP pricing on eBay are from dealers using eBay as an outlet.
The 800's, for the most part, attempts by individuals who got 800's early to make a profit while availability is so short at the moment.
As for accessories...Minelab is focused on fulfilling orders for the actual detectors right now, and are still wayyyy behind. Once they catch up, they can concentrate on building coils and other items. You can't just create a new production line out of thin air, and there is the issue of qualified and skilled employees that would have to be found, hired, and trained before another additional production line could be implemented.

True I have found a few nice keepers from pounded sites with the Nox but just a few. Is that really worth the expense if that's all you want it for? IMO. If your finding a bunch of nice stuff with it at pounded sites then you really didn't spend a lot of time there with another decent detector to begin with. My main reason for purchasing was to try out some river hunting and I had no backup detector.

Last edited:
Ive seen them at the same retail price or cheaper, no over priced equinox here

Could be that folks bought into the hyped up videos and posts from a few Fanboys only to realize that it is not all it's cranked up to be. Exactly why I didn't pre-order or buy one when they were first made available because through the years I have learned that if it sounds too good to be true then it probably is. Seems like some are realizing that their old detectors may not be so obsolete after all.

The 600s

Are available , the 800s are slim to none, no accessories , no comunication to the customer's , even the one's that bought machine's about accessories, my rating is- E- Failure , the money is selling machine's ML, they put the accessories on the back burner, maybe this might be the last time i by ML, hope the other manufacturer's step up to the plate and give them a taste of their own medicine :shock::yes::(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom