Friendly Metal Detecting Forums   Kellyco Metal Detectors
List all sponsors

Go Back   Friendly Metal Detecting Forums > Detectors and Gear > Metal Detector Accessories

Old 03-18-2018, 05:01 PM

Default Ceramic Ball Brass Probe

Recently lost my favorite coin probe. Had it for over 20 years, guess it had to happen eventually. Looked around and couldn't locate any like the one I had. So I decided to make my own. I used a 1.25" diameter White ceramic ball handle and 5/32" diameter brass rod. After threading the brass rod and screwing into the handle, I used a 2 part apoxy to make sure it doesn't come apart. Don't know why I made 3 of them as I only use 1 at a time.
Attached Images

Old 03-18-2018, 05:29 PM

Those look good. Canít seem to get the probe part down yet. A newbie, and my plugs are still too large, but every outing gets better.

Old 03-19-2018, 08:16 PM
Elite Member

Originally Posted by tbw View post
Recently lost my favorite coin probe. Had it for over 20 years, guess it had to happen eventually. Looked around and couldn't locate any like the one I had. So I decided to make my own. I used a 1.25" diameter White ceramic ball handle and 5/32" diameter brass rod. After threading the brass rod and screwing into the handle, I used a 2 part apoxy to make sure it doesn't come apart. Don't know why I made 3 of them as I only use 1 at a time.
Look just like mine only my handle is black. They do work awesome for sure.