Nox 600/800 Frequency in Multi

BufordCityDawg

Elite Member
The instruction manual is a bit confusing on this bit, and I've seen discussions about it around so I wanted to check something. As far as I can tell, based on calling Minelab and online comments both machines use up to the 40 Kh frequency when using Multi-ID, but the 800 allows you to use the lower two in single frequency. For me that was very good news. If anyone has differing information let me know.

On a different note, how long until someone learns how to hack a 600 to add the 800 features. Surely the only difference is the code.

BCD

Yes, I have seen multiple discussions on this with one person posting a direct link from ML and I think even an article on ML treasure talk discussing it. BOTH use the 20 and 40 when in multi. The 800 can choose them as single frequencies, the 600 cannot.

Using multi freq is identical on both models.
Now there are speed adjustments to make 800 unit faster vs 600 unit.
And some bells and whistles with tone(s.) setup that 800 units offers.

Gold mode or prospecting mode 800 offers plus the ability to run 20 and 40khz single freq operations.

And then the package differences with the wireless as well as headphone module given with 800 model packages.

Owners of 600 units can buy the wireless and or headphone modules (when they become available) and they will indeed work with 600 model units.

https://www.minelab.com/usa/go-minelabbing/treasure-talk/equinox-600-vs-equinox-800

The instruction manual is a bit confusing on this bit, and I've seen discussions about it around so I wanted to check something. As far as I can tell, based on calling Minelab and online comments both machines use up to the 40 Kh frequency when using Multi-ID, but the 800 allows you to use the lower two in single frequency. For me that was very good news. If anyone has differing information let me know.

On a different note, how long until someone learns how to hack a 600 to add the 800 features. Surely the only difference is the code.

BCD

There are other differences between the 800 and 600 other than the frequencies used. And actually it's the HIGHER(20,40) two frequencies that are available on the 800 that can be used as single frequencies in certain modes. If you download the manual and read through it you'll see all the differences.(backlight, user profile, etc. etc.)

There are other differences between the 800 and 600 other than the frequencies used. And actually it's the HIGHER(20,40) two frequencies that are available on the 800 that can be used as single frequencies in certain modes. If you download the manual and read through it you'll see all the differences.(backlight, user profile, etc. etc.)

Hi, yes, I've read the other differences. I thought I was also having to miss on the 20 and 40 Kh, but it is in Multi which makes me happy.

And correct... meant to say higher. :laughing:

The head phones were made by miccus i ordered an extra set straight from them for 60 plus shipping. If this post is not cool then delete it ,, was just trying to help a fellow detectorist get a set of phones.

Back
Top Bottom