Equinox 600 Wireless

Martin_V3i

Elite Member
What exactly does this Minelab verbiage saying it is compatible to wireless mean? Is there an internal transmitter, and just needing a set of low latency headphones? It it requires the WR08 transmitter, then what's the difference to all other metal detectors. Won't any detector work with the WR08 and a pair of low latency phones?

I have the HPs, and even a low latency transmitter, but hope the "compatible" word means something special, like an internal transmitter already built inside.

600 has all the same internal wireless transmitters as the 800

Bluetooth, atpx low latency, and wi-stream.

So you can use your own bluetooth headphones paired to it (audio delay)

or atpx low latency headphones (minelab or other) paired to it (minimal delay)

or the WM8 module paired to it (nearly zero delay)

I suppose you could also hook a wireless transmitter of your own choosing to the wired headphone jack like garrett Z-lynk if you wanted a different proprietary ultra-low latency option.

I use atpx low latency with the 600 and it's great! regular Bluetooth was way too lagged on the audio.

I've always used a cheap fm transmitter plugged into headphone jack. Same size as mini cigarette lighter with rechargeable built-in battery and a pair of am/fm radio headphones. No lag. Headphones were a !!!!! to find locally but were cheap. All up around $35.
The transmitter is the type you plug into phone if u don't have Bluetooth in car stereo.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

600 has all the same internal wireless transmitters as the 800

Bluetooth, atpx low latency, and wi-stream.

So you can use your own bluetooth headphones paired to it (audio delay)

or atpx low latency headphones (minelab or other) paired to it (minimal delay)

or the WM8 module paired to it (nearly zero delay)

I suppose you could also hook a wireless transmitter of your own choosing to the wired headphone jack like garrett Z-lynk if you wanted a different proprietary ultra-low latency option.

I use atpx low latency with the 600 and it's great! regular Bluetooth was way too lagged on the audio.

Thanks! I do have low latency wireless HPs only used couple of short hunts. If they pair to the 600, it'll be a neat setup. Time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom