equinox and fbs question

Dflan83

Elite Member
my buddy will be getting an equinox next week and my question is will there be crosstalk between his machine and my ctx 3030? Eventually I will pick one up but wanted to know if anyone has experienced any of this that runs both machines.

Additionally is there a way to switch frequencies on the equinox if two of them are close together?

I'm gonna take a guess and say couldn't you just ground noise cancel both machines and it might solve any cross talk between the two???? You can change freqs on equinox but its suggested you run multi freq.......

I'm gonna take a guess and say couldn't you just ground noise cancel both machines and it might solve any cross talk between the two???? You can change freqs on equinox but its suggested you run multi freq.......

noise cancel selects best channel to operate at based on emi. I was thinking a small frequency adjust was on the machine. However the equinox uses different fundamental frequencies than FBS so there might not be a need to adjust anything.

I can't say for sure.
But can say, I have been using Etrac and Nox doing test comparisons.
And have at times been leaving the detector (not being used) ON.
I have not noticed any real crosstalk.

Now, Imwouldn't want to be using either detector doing serious detector work hunting say within 30 foot of the person using.

noise cancel selects best channel to operate at based on emi. I was thinking a small frequency adjust was on the machine. However the equinox uses different fundamental frequencies than FBS so there might not be a need to adjust anything.
I wonder if it would consider the other detector freqs emi... just a thought but I'm not a engineer..

Noise cancel is just an automated frequency shift to avoid other detectors cross talk or emi.

Yes, they will interfere. Yes, a noise cancel automatic or manual will resolve this.

I would turn on the nox first. noise cancel, then turn on the FBS and noise cancel. The faster Nox noise cancel doesn't seem to do as good of a job as the FBS one when avoiding each other from what I saw. Worst case manually shift/cancel. This is available on 800 and most FBS.

Like TNSS said. even if not audible they are interfering with one another (all detectors do)to some degree within 30ft. The ultimate killer...silent emi/crosstalk.

Folks should hear my Deus when I bring Nox close to it while in multi freq.
Drive it plum nuts.

You can hear Deus pulsating actually.

I was testing both recently at same site on targets. The ctx was less bothered by the Nox,, Butt the NOx was eat up with CTX and i had to move the ctx about 10 yards away. I could not find a clean noise cancel on the nox that suited me. But ctx you could find a clean noise cancel.

Back
Top Bottom