Just back from a fun little hunt

bruinvikes

Elite Member
I just got home from hunting Park #1 in my neighborhood and I didn't find anything special, but I was able to find targets which made it fun for me finally. I was able to score a 1946 wheat penny. After five years of being in the hobby I still love finding them. I also found a broken barnlike door hinge, a piece to a wheel bearing, a broken and very rusty spoon or fork handle, and another piece that I am unaware of what it is so please chime in if anyone knows what it may be. The top of the piece is hinged, as you can tell in the last pic, but the very center of the piece at the top can be pushed causing the cross or X piece underneath to wiggle up and down.

I only hunted for about two hours since we have storms in the area.

Attachments

• IMG_0468.jpg
    IMG_0468.jpg
    81.9 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0470.jpg
    IMG_0470.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0469.jpg
    IMG_0469.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 99
Last edited:
Cool finds, that hinged piece is a an old windscreen for a tobacco pipe, I found one in my yard last year.

Attachments

• IMAG0261[1].jpg
    IMAG0261[1].jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 95
  • IMAG0262[1].jpg
    IMAG0262[1].jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG0266[1].jpg
    IMAG0266[1].jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 96
Thanks for the quick ID 5 mile! Ironically, I originally had thought it was something to do with tea is cellrdwellr had mentioned.

Threw out my "salt shaker" just last week. Boy, the things I don't know and find out about here !!

So I went down to an old farmer friends house to show him the tobacco pipe piece that I had found and he says "stay right there, I wanna show you what I got". He comes back to me with his grandpa's smoking pipe with a very similar piece attached to it. I thought that was pretty cool.

Back
Top Bottom