Hookah diving

Steve

Forum Supporter
Looking for a 12v shallow diving hookah system. Preferably that can be mailed international.
Diving shops are rare and far between so looking for something I can carry with me.
Any one with experience or brand suggestions?

Last edited:
http://hookamax.com/17710.html

They say they want customers world wide. No idea what shipping would cost.

This one is made somewhere in China. I wouldn't touch it with a 90 day warranty.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/12v-Electri...672615?hash=item3d3fd11727:g:-zUAAOSwmtJXTyxt

But you could probably find it over there for less than half the cost and maybe tinker with it.

Was checking this 1 but no battery. http://m.ebay.com/itm/Hookah-diving...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649
Floats, small enough to carry,,, something like this is ideal

The one you posted is for sure from out of the country. They don't speak any english I have ever heard. Looks like a compressor in a storage tub.

How deep can you go with it? Dive flag isn't legal at all here. Way too small. What kind of warranty for 500.00?

I wouldn't touch it either.

I have seen several simple systems like that advertised over the years, that would make me a bit skeptical with a small compressor like that.
I don't think you would want to ship a battery anyway, better to buy one locally, they probably just use a 12 volt car battery anyway...

I have seen several simple systems like that advertised over the years, that would make me a bit skeptical with a small compressor like that.
I don't think you would want to ship a battery anyway, better to buy one locally, they probably just use a 12 volt car battery anyway...
That's what I was thinking... I can only imagine what the terminals would look like after a month

Hookah system

Take a look at the Keene Engineering site. They have the "HydroAir". Nice unit that can handle two divers.

I would assume you could use a battery cover. Those are smaller than i thought. Thought about one here, but a lot to tote to the beach. I saw one earlier this year rigged up on what appeared to be some sort of a really small kayak. He didnt stay long. Id have to be a little closer to shore to trust one.

Saw another interesting board someone was floating on ..... with like a glass bottom view. For those who dont like masks.... bet you could make a small one of those out of a kids foam board.

I would assume you could use a battery cover. Those are smaller than i thought. Thought about one here, but a lot to tote to the beach. I saw one earlier this year rigged up on what appeared to be some sort of a really small kayak. He didnt stay long. Id have to be a little closer to shore to trust one.

Saw another interesting board someone was floating on ..... with like a glass bottom view. For those who dont like masks.... bet you could make a small one of those out of a kids foam board.
Will be used in under 9ft of water... Only when the water is calm. October to December. I need to be able to carry this friggen thing on the bus/taxi. So needs to be battery, easy to inflate and the entire thing should be able to fit in a large suitcase... I might have found my project for this winter if I can't find something already made.

Hey ScubaDiver,

What would you recommend to someone that is completely new that wants to try under water detecting? It sounds fun but i dont have a lot of money to invest in real expensive dive gear or under water detector (we have an AT Pro)

This is just to see about a future purchase when we can afford it..
Thanks for any suggestions..

The PROBLEM with buying a cheap hookah is this.

IS THAT A UNIT YOU WANT TO RISK YOUR LIFE WITH??

I REFUSE to recommend a life saving device made cheaply in another country. ALL I have seen have a 90 day warranty. WOW!!

Seriously folks. Water hunting is FUN and PROFITABLE in the right places but

GET CERTIFIED

I refuse to recommend anything else. Sure people can do it and not get into trouble. However, you are asking the wrong person for advice. One real good friend and two acquaintances died while detecting and WADING.

http://www.michigansthumb.com/news/article/Wixom-man-drowns-at-Caseville-beach-7303310.php

I have been certified since 1980 and I have 37 years of diving experience. Over 20 in murky water. I was on the search and rescue team in Utah when I was a cop.

I know this is not what anyone wants to hear, but this is all I can give. Sorry

The PROBLEM with buying a cheap hookah is this.

IS THAT A UNIT YOU WANT TO RISK YOUR LIFE WITH??

I REFUSE to recommend a life saving device made cheaply in another country. ALL I have seen have a 90 day warranty. WOW!!

Seriously folks. Water hunting is FUN and PROFITABLE in the right places but

GET CERTIFIED

I refuse to recommend anything else. Sure people can do it and not get into trouble. However, you are asking the wrong person for advice. One real good friend and two acquaintances died while detecting and WADING.

http://www.michigansthumb.com/news/article/Wixom-man-drowns-at-Caseville-beach-7303310.php

I have been certified since 1980 and I have 37 years of diving experience. Over 20 in murky water. I was on the search and rescue team in Utah when I was a cop.

I know this is not what anyone wants to hear, but this is all I can give. Sorry

So sorry for your loss my friend and I think you gave excellent advice.

Took 1st ow lesson today. Water looks clear from above, but when on the bottom it's a 2ft vision at best. I could defintly picture myself fanning out a big 24k ring in the future

Went for another dive today. Sure hope the water clears up once it cools down. Sitting in 5ft of water at the bottom I had a less than 1ft vision. Holding my hand almost right in front of the goggles :no:

This last week I have been in two inland lakes at 30' deep looking for two impossibly lost rings. Can't even see an inch. With lots and lots of practice you know where the beep is and you can dig it. The main problem is you have no idea where you are going or where you have been. The second problem is bumping into trees or anything else on the bottom. All I hit was trees and branches. I don't know what I would do if I ran into a sunk boat! SPOOKY. Forget trying to see. Get your find and put it in your pouch. You can see trash or treasure when you get out of the water.

Go slow. RELAX and concentrate on what you are doing. Takes lots of practice but it can be learned.

This last week I have been in two inland lakes at 30' deep looking for two impossibly lost rings. Can't even see an inch. With lots and lots of practice you know where the beep is and you can dig it. The main problem is you have no idea where you are going or where you have been. The second problem is bumping into trees or anything else on the bottom. All I hit was trees and branches. I don't know what I would do if I ran into a sunk boat! SPOOKY. Forget trying to see. Get your find and put it in your pouch. You can see trash or treasure when you get out of the water.

Go slow. RELAX and concentrate on what you are doing. Takes lots of practice but it can be learned.
Just starting to get the hang of it... without the detector. I want to bring it 1 time with the instructor , but I'm thinking he will get his own idea going if he sees what I'm up to

Back
Top Bottom