Lost post about Md'ing and odds in numbers

BetterThanFishin

Somebody placed a post here about the odds of missing a coin if every square inch is not covered while sweeping. It started by saying "a coin
can fall into a one inch gap so every square inch could be a coin" or something to that effect. The person that did the breakdown is a long time vet and recently has been sick.

Unfortunately closed out the post before saving it.

if you do that again, try clicking on "USERCP" sometimes it will show the posts you been to if you made a reply to the post. also if you click on you userid at the right then click statistics you can see all the post you made. this will only help if you had made a reply to the post,if you only looked at it it wont help.

Thank you. This computer is set up to dump the cache, temp files every half hour so any history is gone after that. Swear it was subscribed to but nope. Just over 2 hours to search and it was well worth it!

I love this paragraph

I find a lot of deeply buried coins that have been in the ground for many years, well within the reach of a good detector - but passed over by detectors in the "lazy mode." If you don't dig some junk you may not dig much else either and your losses could be hefty. I once found a roll of silver quarters laying under a buried, flattened beer can. The can was full of probe holes but all before me were just too lazy to dig it up and find the prize it concealed. Another time in an old abandoned park I dug down about a foot and pulled up an old pewter bank in the shape of a cow that rattled when I shook it. When I emptied it out silver dimes and Buffalo nickels poured out on the ground - a beautiful sight.

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/issue2/coinshooting3.htm

I love this paragraph

I find a lot of deeply buried coins that have been in the ground for many years, well within the reach of a good detector - but passed over by detectors in the "lazy mode." If you don't dig some junk you may not dig much else either and your losses could be hefty. I once found a roll of silver quarters laying under a buried, flattened beer can. The can was full of probe holes but all before me were just too lazy to dig it up and find the prize it concealed. Another time in an old abandoned park I dug down about a foot and pulled up an old pewter bank in the shape of a cow that rattled when I shook it. When I emptied it out silver dimes and Buffalo nickels poured out on the ground - a beautiful sight.

http://www.thetreasuredepot.com/issue2/coinshooting3.htm

This one paragraph made me go to the article and print it out. A very good read.

Back
Top Bottom