Two Firsts for Me!

DanMcG

Forum Supporter
First silver and Buffalo nickel. I'm a newbie at MD'ing with maybe 20 hours on my ace 300. I hit a beach at a local park that's has given me a bunch of clad the two times I've been there. This time it started out the same way, zinc pennies, lead sinkers a couple of clad dimes and quarters..then I get a strong ring in the silver range and two inches deep, dig it out and I was shocked to see it was a 1943 Merc.. I thanked the big guy and moved on, found a couple more pennies then a low broken tone in the nickel range, really iffy and I almost passed on it but I figured I'd give it a shot and I'm glad I did. couldn't tell it was a nickel till I got home and washed it off. there it was a buffalo nickel, Needless to say I was a happy camper.
thanks for looking, I'm hooked on this hobby now for sure!!

good bufnick1.jpg
good bufnick.jpg

You're doing great for a newbie, some guys myself included have hunted for much longer before finding silver or vintage finds....dosen't take much to get hooked in this hobby...smiles.

HDD

Congrats!! Welcome to the addiction:twisted:, there is no going back now.

You're one lucky guy to get those both on the same day. Took me 7 years.

That bucket list just got smaller.. Congrats.. Keep up the good work. HH

Thanks everyone for the kind replies, Even a blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. :D

Back
Top Bottom