2nd Time Out w/Deus Lite = War Nickel

H Desert Digger

Forum Supporter
I've been hunting this park for a little over 2 yrs now. It's one of the places I like to test a "new to me" machine. Today it was over 60 here in NE Indiana and I had the day off, so I charged up the coil and WS4's and hit the park again.

I have hit this park pretty hard over the years, it produced some clad in the early days and a couple rings, but lately signals are far and few in between.

Today with the Deus it was pretty much the same but I noticed something right off the bat. I was finding targets down about two to four inches deeper than I had with the Tesoro or ATP.

I had a blast with the Deus Lite today. I even found myself beginning the like the little "chatter" the machine would report here and there, nothing to heavy, just now and then. It was obvious when I ran across a target, the machine made it clear there was something there. I did dig a couple dozen beaver tails, but strangely, NO PULL TABS.

Some of the Deus signals reminded me of when you play with a baloon and allow air to escape thru the lip of the ballon. I am as dumb as a box of rocks when it comes to how to work this machine, but I have hunted with it twice now and have had no problems finding targets, the trick will be to learn to ID them in the days ahead. I'm hunting by Tone only at this point since the module is resting on my ear.

I found the WS4's to be a bit more comfortable this time due to the fact that I hever moved them. Usually I remove my headphones when recovering a target, but this outting I left them on my ears and did not move them. They were still a bit uncomfortable, but not as bad as the first time I wore them.

With all that said, I found this war nickel about 7 inches down. Sorry for the blurry pics, it's a 43 with a P mint mark on the back.

War%20Nickel%20F.jpg

War%20Nickel%20B.jpg

I am really liking this Deus machine and am very happy with my decision to trade a couple other machines I did not use that much for this one. I can see it becoming my "go to" machine for parks. I'll always have the Silver sabre handly for Tot Lots.

Deus gets high marks from me as a turn on and go machine. I can't wait until I have some experience and better knowledge of it's full capabilities.

HDD

Congrats on your finds! Do you by chance wear glasses? I do and the back phones are very uncomfortable. Not enough room on me ear for both I guess. I bought the headphone adaptor and use my earbuds with the ws4 in my pocket.

Congrats on the War Nickel !

The Deus is a fantastic machine - I hunt with mine well over 95% of the time - it's a total pleasure to use !

Continued good luck with your new Deus !

Nice job on the war nickel. You probably knew what it was at first glance if it was nice and shiny instead of being red.

Sounds like you're off to a good start with your Deus. Keep it up!

Congrats on your finds! Do you by chance wear glasses? I do and the back phones are very uncomfortable. Not enough room on me ear for both I guess. I bought the headphone adaptor and use my earbuds with the ws4 in my pocket.

Thanks for your comment, no I don't wear glasses. I've ordered the adapter as well as the mounting bracket, but I think I might try your idea of keeping the WS4 in a pocket. I am kind of interested in seeing the VDI numbers, but like you I am a believer in TONES.

HDD

Thanks for your comment, no I don't wear glasses. I've ordered the adapter as well as the mounting bracket, but I think I might try your idea of keeping the WS4 in a pocket. I am kind of interested in seeing the VDI numbers, but like you I am a believer in TONES.

HDD

You may want to get some el cheapo snack ziplock bags, smaller than normal bags. Sip off a corner just big enough for your headphone cable to slip through and put your module in the bag. This will keep all of the pocket dust off of the module. A 90 degree headphone adaptor cable about 3 inches long is a good idea too. The headphone adaptors are not super strong and having a straight cord plugged in makes a lot of leverage to crack the solder joints. Mine broke and I had to resolder but since I added the adaptor I have no issues.

picture.php

picture.php

Back
Top Bottom