• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Excalibur 2 reverse discrimination technique

PI JOE

Enigma
Forum Supporter
I came across this video. It was posted back in March with only 378 views. I am surprise of the low view because reverse discrimination technique is a big thing using it on the excal right! :D I'm posting this for you Excal guys who are just started using one or thinking of getting one. :yes:

Reverse Discrimination hunting is Hot Joe, I have about 15 guys n 2 gals lined up for the remote PP this winter. Clive and BB Sailor started the fire many years ago with the discover that PP was deeper at most places and you can run it Hot....

This would drive me nuts digging in the fresh water areas that I live! Too much iron for me...

I've been thinking for a while that if a company came up with a machine that had a PI circuit for the all metal mode, then a VLF circuit for disc mode... that machine would be a big hit.

Conditions do not always allow for reverse discrimination. Most of us that hunt Jersey beaches know that a 10 inch coil can sometimes be a hindrance because of the nulling of iron.

But this is a very good video to show those faint targets and what they sound like.

Reverse Discrimination hunting is Hot Joe, I have about 15 guys n 2 gals lined up for the remote PP this winter. Clive and BB Sailor started the fire many years ago with the discover that PP was deeper at most places and you can run it Hot....

I know if they had a stock remote switch a lot more would use it. First thing everybody used to see was when you were gonna buy your first Excalibur was if you kept switching the knob the pot would strip out. Then it would take you at least three months in the shop at ML. Out this way you lose a lot of depth running disc. Problem is keep turning that stock knob and eventually it just falls off in your hand.

Its funny how the GT is deeper in discriminate than PP mode...

I know I left my Excalibur at home the other day just so i'd have to use my GT. She was going to China. Out here you will notice some days you get more depth than others using the exact same settings.

I own both and the GT is definitely deeper...at least it is for me. :yes:

I owned a GT for a while and from what I remember digging YES it is deeper then the Excal.

You guys are talking about disc. mode depth, right?

I'm wondering if running the Xcal2 in PP mode always, would be as hot as a PI with Iron targets? or less? uhmm...

You guys are talking about disc. mode depth, right?

I'm wondering if running the Xcal2 in PP mode always, would be as hot as a PI with Iron targets? or less? uhmm...

Yes and No :lol: The GT is deeper in disc and the Excal is not as deep as a pulse in PP.

I got a GT and a 12 x 10 SEF and that machine is a beast. I know it is deeper in discrimination mode. It also beats my Excal in depth. But if you are going to get wet the Excal is a great machine.

:?:Thanks for the video Joe. I have not tried that before so tomorrow is a day to experiment.

Yes and No :lol: The GT is deeper in disc and the Excal is not as deep as a pulse in PP.

Cool ... in iron infested beaches like mine, wouldn't the deeper the signal in disc depth would have more chances to null a good item ?

Cool ... in iron infested beaches like mine, wouldn't the deeper the signal in disc depth would have more chances to null a good item ?

Some of the beaches I hunt bleed iron... the iron mask with the GT lets the good targets come through before nulling on the iron... I have dug a number of gold targets mixed in with iron...

Back
Top Bottom