sand shark blew my mind

Flabuckrub

The Shark impressed me to the max, found a .925 stud earing at 18 plus inches in wet saltwater sand didn't think it was possible. Don't judge the air test depth for its depth

Steve, Awesome detecting & and I believe you since I have a ss and know it well. But on this forum there are haters so it would be better to refer to your detector as a mediocre PI or lowercase ss. Making claims like this even though they are true paints a target on you & this thread will turn into 15 pgs.! LOL HH, phil

Steve, Awesome detecting & and I believe you since I have a ss and know it well. But on this forum there are haters so it would be better to refer to your detector as a mediocre PI or lowercase ss. Making claims like this even though they are true paints a target on you & this thread will turn into 15 pgs.! LOL HH, phil

18 inches... So how deep would my E. Foster machine go??? On an earring stud? Just curious...

SSC :p

Before I say this I'll say.....I DON'T HATE THE SAND SHARK!!!!!!!! But I wouldn't believe 18" on a 925 stud from any machine unless it was a big stud. It's almost impossible to measure a target in wet sand so depth claims will always be suspect. How big was the stud?

Bury it up a little in the wet sand 18" with a tape measure. You won't get a peep. Targets always fall further in the hole as you dig. In other words I dug a 22 bullet casing at 28" with a dualfield. Hole was so deep the ocean water level went down an inch. According to Terry an air test, dry sand, wet sand will all test the same on a P.I. Don't get him confused or he'll have to try beach hunting again in a month or two:laughing:

Now guys you do realize he said .925 thats silver and I dig silver earings extremely deep. Silver always hits deeper.
HH phil

Now guys you do realize he said .925 thats silver and I dig silver earings extremely deep. Silver always hits deeper.
HH phil

When you are digging in the wet sand or water you cannot get an accurate depth of an item... when pulling up on the scoop creates suction which can and does drive items deeper...

3 things the SS loves
1. Bobby pins
2. Silver
3. Pennies

I have wet sand and water tested with gold against the excal and really no difference

I am happy to see new sand shark users. I had one that Phil and Terry sold me. Until I noticed everyone else finding instead of digging I did not know better. Congrats on your new Sand Shark. Happy digging.

Im not a hater Phil.... but Craig is right any time you dig in the oat meal you have no idea how deep that target was even if you got it the first time..... which at 18" you didnt. Dont know what size holes you have in the scoop, but anything larger than 1/4 without something to catch it makes um hard to get. Its just a SWAG out there when digging depth wise. Good job on the find thou..... maybe next time you can pull out some yellow.

Dew

I wonder how many times most of us have had a stud earring fall through the scoop and back into the hole? Dig anther scoop to get it and you're now at 18 inches. Same with bobby pins without a magnet in the scoop.

Back
Top Bottom