I did the Mr.Bill mod!!!!!

coin chaser

Forum Supporter
Hey All,
I just got done with the Mr.Bill mod on my dads classic III SL. I must say the board work with unsoldering the pots and resisters was a little tough but I got it done. I added some new knobs to dress it up too. He now has ground balance, treshold, and a S.A.T. Boost toggle switch. I aslo replaced the broken sens/on-off pot. I think the total build was about $14. I gave it a quick test run in the front yard (which has been hunted clean) and everything is working properly. Just need him to get out and play with it for awhile to see how it works for him.I took some pics while doing the mod for all to see.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 9,502
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 9,800
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 12,388
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 9,755
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 9,467
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 9,492
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 10,092
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 9,278
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 9,639
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    170.2 KB · Views: 10,481
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 9,801
Last edited:
Mr.Bill Work

WOW! Yer a brave man, CoinChaser! I won't take a flashlight apart to put new batteries in unless I draw a sketch about how I took it apart.. then I gotta have my rubber gloves on so I don't get electrocuted! That was a great piece of work...

Congrats on a cherry clean looking job. Also for being the only person in the universe to have pictures of the finished project. This will make a lot of people very happy.

Thanks guys! Dads been out with it and loves it. It will be neat to see what its capable of as he gets better with it.

WOW! Yer a brave man, CoinChaser! I won't take a flashlight apart to put new batteries in unless I draw a sketch about how I took it apart.. then I gotta have my rubber gloves on so I don't get electrocuted! That was a great piece of work...

Lol, You don't have to be brave when its not your md!:laughing: I did have a few sketches that I made to help me. Its only powered by batteries so I was very careful to keep my tonge away from the board!:grin:

Good job, Mr. Bill no longer does the mods.

Thanks,
I got mixed answers from people weather or not he did them anymore. He even answered a couple of questions I had about the mod. I didn't ask if he still does it and he didn't say if he does. I think he is a retired guy that still has to get his fix from time to time!;)

Thanks,
I got mixed answers from people weather or not he did them anymore. He even answered a couple of questions I had about the mod. I didn't ask if he still does it and he didn't say if he does. I think he is a retired guy that still has to get his fix from time to time!;)
I got an email from him recently telling me that he no longer does the mods. so I guess you could say it came from the horses mouth, not that I am calling him a horse :lol:. P.S. The Classic III is very good in iron.

Wow, very cool! I don't think I would have the patience for that kind of work. Now if it had pistons and a carburetor, I'd be all over it! :lol: Nice work, HH

I have a coin master classic 111 that I stared to doing the Mr. Bill mods on and stopped I would like to see someone finish it

In Mr Bill fashion I was going to say "Oh Nooooo" but after looking at the mod you did I'll say Awesome job man!

Mr. Bills Mod

Wow you did a fantastic job on doing your own modification. I have a little bit of a background in electonics and may be able to pull this off. Would there be any way to get a little more detail on how you made the modification? Parts list, resistor values, Variable resitor type and value, board mod, and anthing else you can think of for someone to be able to attempt this just like you had done. You have taked great pics so maybe you can just those pics in explaining what you have been able to accomplish.
Once again you had done a fantastic job . . . I'm sure Mr. Bill would be happy :)

Thank You for Your Time,

Dave

Back
Top Bottom