Combo Chuck & Ruslan rip-off sand scoop

Franz

Forum Supporter
The "Sand scoop Indiana" was brought up a while back. It looks the R&D department must be busy... check out auction 111011557038 on ebay... "Beach Scoop Indiana Prime"

The "Sand scoop Indiana" was brought up a while back. It looks the R&D department must be busy... check out auction 111011557038 on ebay... "Beach Scoop Indiana Prime"

I saw that . I don't know what to make his auctions.

His buyers look happy.

It looks good.
I guess my issues
would be his ethics.

If It's a cloned copy of the Starv.

Last edited:
There seems to be more cloned copies of the StavR IF they are clones. Who knows if anyone owns a patent? Who knows if all these scoops are not made in the same place? Can Ruslan say he has a patent on his design? Maybe so but that is something I just do not know so I wonder. If he has a patent (yes there are global patents) then he can sue. If not then it is fair game. My guess is it is open game. Buy from someone who depends on us for his business.

There seems to be more cloned copies of the StavR IF they are clones. Who knows if anyone owns a patent? Who knows if all these scoops are not made in the same place? Can Ruslan say he has a patent on his design? Maybe so but that is something I just do not know so I wonder. If he has a patent (yes there are global patents) then he can sue. If not then it is fair game.

Ima funny you say that."Same place" doe's have me wondering.

There seems to be more cloned copies of the StavR IF they are clones. Who knows if anyone owns a patent? Who knows if all these scoops are not made in the same place? Can Ruslan say he has a patent on his design? Maybe so but that is something I just do not know so I wonder. If he has a patent (yes there are global patents) then he can sue. If not then it is fair game. My guess is it is open game. Buy from someone who depends on us for his business.

If its not a patented he isn't breaking any law...

I heard of a person trying to get a patent on a scoop design the money needed for that here is six grand... that's a lot of scoops you have to make to recoup that... I also didn't see anywhere on Ruslins site anything about his product being patented... if you look at the sticky I put up there is another guy in the Ukraine making similar scoops to Ruslins for a lot less money...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=142698

If its not a patented he isn't breaking any law...

I heard of a person trying to get a patent on a scoop design the money needed for that here is six grand... that's a lot of scoops you have to make to recoup that... I also didn't see anywhere on Ruslins site anything about his product being patented... if you look at the sticky I put up there is another guy in the Ukraine making similar scoops to Ruslins for a lot less money...

http://metaldetectingforum.com/showthread.php?t=142698

The scoop you posted and the Indiana thing look identical to the StavR. Lately it seems that the StavR scoops are slow to ship being back ordered. That shows me the control over production is not in Ruslan's hands. He told me the wait on mine was a shortage on pipe metal. :roll: I believe he is honest. He does have a pro setup and his boxes are special and not generic boxes. That is another hint. Who knows, I am happy as hell with mine.

The scoop you posted and the Indiana thing look identical to the StavR. Lately it seems that the StavR scoops are slow to ship being back ordered. That shows me the control over production is not in Ruslan's hands. He told me the wait on mine was a shortage on pipe metal. :roll: I believe he is honest. He does have a pro setup and his boxes are special and not generic boxes. That is another hint. Who knows, I am happy as hell with mine.

You know what they say.... variety is the spice of life... for me its good to see a variety of scoops out there even if I only use the Babbs scoop... this Indiana scoop gets some very good reviews from people buying them...

Give a little information about yourself and the fact that I'm doing:
I have two Higher education.
one of them is technical, the second economic.
education I am on the second patent engineer-economist (diploma was received by me in 19 years) have more than 2 dozen copyright certificate (original). on the work and I conducted my colleagues based 4 patents.
But my thoughts did not arise to patent my scoops.
although I have been applied in the first variety of advanced technology and recognizable design.
in principle to patent something, it's like a patent letters or Arabic numerals :)

You can fake anything, but you need the knowledge, technology and equipment.
technologically exact copy of my scoop no one can not do vryatli do that the price will be higher than I sell.

ps: Indiana just steals ideas & designs Stavr and Chuck

The down low on the goldscoops

Ok. I figured id review the "indiana scoop" if anyones curious.After a lot of speculating on this scoop and hearing from ruslan my evro 2 wouldnt be made for another month, i decided to buy the ebay copycat.

Quick delivery, good comm w the seller. Ok scoops now unboxed, looks very much like the evro, only differencs i see are: the hex holes are slightly smaller, the overall scoop is a little more rounded, the bracing rods are a little thinner and shorter. The screw hole is placed higher on the pipe right between the welds and im not positive but the pipe looks to b slightly shorter than the stavr but not sure about that.

Ok now as i unbox it i immediately notice the welds look shotty as all hell. Ok hopefully she holds up, after about 8 hrs of hunting, one weld snapped and i had to take it to my local welder. He beefed up all the welds and now shes strong as bull! I love the scoop! I emailed the seller about the broken weld and he refunded me 20$ he said it was unusual and he would speak with his welder. Only other observation would be the back of the scoop has caved in slightly from pushing w my foot. Do the evros cave in like this?

Yes i realize i only have one or two posts. Been a long time lurker here but regd to Do an honest review of the indiana scoop. Since there arent any out there.

Last edited:
I bought two of the Stavr scoops and really like the design. In fact, I like it so much I made three other scoops with the same design using heavier material on some, with slight modifications on all three, to fit my needs.

The point is, you can spend thousands of dollars on patents and if someone changes the angle of the handle, uses heavier material , different size holes, different configuration, etc., you just flushed all that money down the toilet.

Sadly you can simply send any scoop to China,and they can make a cargo ship full for cheaper than anyone else can.And they could care less about a patent.Then they ship them to the U.S. buyer and he sells them like hot cakes.I saw once where someone showed someone else a bike design to see if they were interested.They were.And in one week Asia had a shipment ready for stores in the U.S.You want an interesting read,check out how Giant killed Chicago Schwinn. Anyhoo!!!! Patents don't help much.I checked into one.And they said you need a million dollars for lawyers.And even then you won't stop copy cats.The only one who winds up broke is you!:no:

Same as anything else..... enforcement is also an issue. Some countries dont care about patents.... or we wouldnt be getting so much junk from China that is clearly ment to defraud. Even if you tried to enforce it.... they close their doors and reopen in another name. But im with Craig.... little competition never hurts if you are the buyer. The cream is always going to float to the top.... no one wants to throw there money away now days.

Dew

I'll give you an example:
you want to buy a good knife Haralug or Damascus from the famous blacksmith.
but because he was very busy and has to order all you buy a Chinese fake ....

or example, you want a good fiddle-known master, but while waiting 6-15 months, and you buy in the store lying on the counter is very similar in appearance ....

or the Chinese are doing a lot of counterfeit silver dollars ...
I think it is not for collectors .... :)

Attachments

• bulat.jpg
    bulat.jpg
    134.8 KB · Views: 1,118
  • china2.jpg
    china2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,204
Hello Ruslan.
I really like the scoop you sold me.
Just one question.:?:

Do you make your scoop's? Or is someone else making them for you?

Give a little information about yourself and the fact that I'm doing:
I have two Higher education.
one of them is technical, the second economic.
education I am on the second patent engineer-economist (diploma was received by me in 19 years) have more than 2 dozen copyright certificate (original). on the work and I conducted my colleagues based 4 patents.
But my thoughts did not arise to patent my scoops.
although I have been applied in the first variety of advanced technology and recognizable design.
in principle to patent something, it's like a patent letters or Arabic numerals :)

You can fake anything, but you need the knowledge, technology and equipment.
technologically exact copy of my scoop no one can not do vryatli do that the price will be higher than I sell.

ps: Indiana just steals ideas & designs Stavr and Chuck

Hello Ruslan.
I really like the scoop you sold me.
Just one question.:?:

Do you make your scoop's? Or is someone else making them for you?
I did Projects (3d modeling in AutoCAD)
I myself have tested and improved (I'm a very long beach hunter)
I placed my order at the factory with my friend the owner (only equipment in Ukraine with such specifications and capabilities)

!I wrote that all the fakes are made with improperly or parameters in comparison with the original.

I did Projects (3d modeling in AutoCAD)
I myself have tested and improved (I'm a very long beach hunter)
I placed my order at the factory with my friend the owner (only equipment in Ukraine with such specifications and capabilities)

!I wrote that all the fakes are made with improperly or parameters in comparison with the original.

people are going to purchase what they feel is a fair price... not everyone has a lot of money to spend... look at detectors same thing... there are detectors that just get by as beach machines but they still sell and I for one am glad for it... why would I want everyone swinging the best of the best on my beaches...

Back
Top Bottom