• Forum server maintanace Friday night.(around 7PM Centeral time)
    Website will be off line for a short while.

You may need to log out, log back in after we're back online.

Family Friendly Funny Photo Edits

Don't forget a parachute !

Did Ken find an easy way to get around the Philippines to detect different areas ? :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Kens_Philippines_transportation2.jpg

My piggy

I had a pet pig.. :clapping: For a few hours.

Did you ever try to get a pig to climb down steps ?? :laughing:

We finally got it down to the back yard. Now it is on the table. :cooking:

Every year we butcher a small pig. The butchers name is Rudy.
I don't think the pig has a name.
They always boil a pot of water to put over the skin. They shave the hair off.
Than the cutting starts. Nothing is wasted. And I mean nothing is wasted.
Rudy knows a lot about cutting up a pig. He just starts cutting. He does not know the difference between a pork chop or the ham.. Just chop into small hunks of meat with pieces of bone in it.
Now we have pig in the freezer.
I hope I can come up with better stories than butchering a stupid PIG with no name..:laughing::laughing::laughing:

KEN,, In the Philippines

Attachments

• Pig 2018 (2).jpg
    Pig 2018 (2).jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 141
  • Pig 2018 (3).JPG
    Pig 2018 (3).JPG
    193.6 KB · Views: 134
  • Pig 2018 (7).jpg
    Pig 2018 (7).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 137
  • Pig 2018 (1).JPG
    Pig 2018 (1).JPG
    179.4 KB · Views: 142
Kens pig in the Philippines

Rudy knows a lot about cutting up a pig. He just starts cutting. He does not know the difference between a pork chop or the ham.. Just chop into small hunks of meat with pieces of bone in it.
I hope I can come up with better stories than butchering a stupid PIG with no name..:laughing::laughing::laughing:

KEN,, In the Philippines

Guess we have a good idea of what you are having for a Thanksgiving and Christmas meals over there. Would of been funny watching them try and get a pig to walk down stairs. Not as easy as people probably think it is . Are you going to get one to roast in the back yard for Christmas as well, like they do for Fiesta over there. I had a pet goat over there for a while , he rode back in the Jeepney with us , didn't know at the time he was to be supper. You are definatly right about nothing going to waste, every bit of the meat gets used . Every thing from the tip of the snout to the end of the tail. Really enjoy the pictures Ken ,i hope to be going back next year my self with my wife to the island of Bohol , Philippines . Does the house next door that was under construction still have the tree in the middle ? Did they add any more to the house , some people build them a little at a time as they can afford the materials .

KEN,, In the Philippines

That was a neat story Ken, thanks for sharing !

……..I guess you could say you are really "hamming it up" :laughing:

So now what.... barbecue pork ? ham and beans ? pork chops and cornbread ? pork and beans ? :lol:

To start with, The house next door with the tree in the middle has not changed. More weeds growing and small trees. The neighborhood kids use it for a play house.
NO,, We are not going to roast a pig for the holidays. We just do not have the extra funds to feed toe whole family. They will just have to go some pace else Their are other family members from the states that can take care of them this time We been feeding them for 18 years. The other familys here can have their turn.

Hope you enjoy the pig... KEN :D

Most likely pork adobo and rice and fish.:laughing:

…...and maybe some Jollibee's food on the side ? :lol:

To start with, The house next door with the tree in the middle has not changed. More weeds growing and small trees. The neighborhood kids use it for a play house.
NO,, We are not going to roast a pig for the holidays. We just do not have the extra funds to feed toe whole family. They will just have to go some pace else Their are other family members from the states that can take care of them this time We been feeding them for 18 years. The other familys here can have their turn.

After 18 years they should feed you for a change Ken, so ask THEM "what's for supper ?" :eat3: :laughing:

Thanks for updating us on the "tree" yard too ! :laughing:

Ken back in the philippines

They might not even finish that house with the tree in it in our life time , might be completed by their kids , as they get the money. Maybe the other relatives will invite you out for a change.

The pig being butchered in the Philippines

KEN,, In the Philippines
Reminds me of my wedding day over there in 1989 they woke me up at 3 am to see the pig get butchered. Even down to the pig head being in the pan just like that. They then roasted the whole thing over a pit in the back yard , after the wedding we fed every one that showed up, and had a big party .

KEN,, In the Philippines

Hey Ken, maybe this might be easier...… :laughing::laughing::laughing:
Pig 2018 (2)a.jpg

Pig 2018 (3)a.JPG

Pig 2018 (7)a.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom