Stavr vs Gold scoop/sunspot

Oh good lord Max! That is some fine collection of steel you have there.

Thanks for posting those great pictures this is exactly what I wanted to see.

up close!

I was thinking of ordering the Evroexcavator with the 32MM pipe at 65 or 70 degrees. with the heaver steel 431 ..

What are your thoughts?

Max just one tiny Philip's head screw holding the handle in???

Last edited:
Oh good lord Max! That is some fine collection of steel you have there.

Thanks for posting those great pictures this is exactly what I wanted to see.

up close!

I was thinking of ordering the Evroexcavator with the 32MM pipe at 65 or 70 degrees. with the heaver steel 431 ..

What are your thoughts?

Max just one tiny Philip's head screw holding the handle in???
I bought the Monstrik-10 after reading the net and asking. I asked Max too and he said one thing I remember well. If you buy one and don't like it I will buy it from you. That said a lot. Thanks Max, you were right on. Always get the 32mm pipe since they fit our handles here in the US. The 70 degree is what I ordered and it took a few days more. Any scoop Ruslan makes is quality and strong as a bull. ;)

The SS phillips screw goes to the back through threads. If you use a wood handle you need to wax it before installing. I suggest you buy a longer 1.5 or 2" SS screw and locking nut and install that instead. Ace or another hardware store cost less than a buck. It just makes it stronger and you won't strip threads on the back by over tightening or drill damage to the threads when installing the handle.

Last edited:
IMA the 2" SS screw and locking nut with Teflon was what I was thinking.

Thanks for your input.

Ima EVROEXCAVATOR v.5 and EVROEXCAVATOR-2 v.22

Look almost the same?? v.5 weighs a tad less???

What grade steel did you guys order?

Last edited:
IMA the 2" SS screw and locking nut with Teflon was what I was thinking.

Thanks for your input.

Ima EVROEXCAVATOR v.5 and EVROEXCAVATOR-2 v.22

Look almost the same?? v.5 weighs a tad less???

What grade steel did you guys order?
Hopefully Max will come back in on the Evroexcavator's since I only read them on Ruslan's site and all the research I did before buying one. PM him, he is always glad to help. The Evro is a loved scoop but I have not used it myself. I believe almost all his scoops are 8" wide, the difference is the holes and lip. The Monstrik is 8" wide and 10" deep with holes a bit smaller than half an inch and a long lip with no holes. He lists the metal as: Monstrik-10 ("martensite stainless steel aisi 431, pipe to handle 32 mm =1.26 "). Almost all his scoops are 2mm/14 gauge steel. You have to WU money to him for the order. It is easy to do but costs about $22. You probably have been to his site, if not here it is. http://stavrscoop.com/en/12-sand-scoop-monstrik-10-.html

Thanks for posting that Ima
yes I have been on his website .

I have a better understanding of his scoops after
watching Max's video and reading your post .:yes:

Ruslan should put Max's video on his website.:yes:

This post has over 1000 views. I've never had a post take off this high. :what:

Sent from Tapatalk while mobile.

Sparkfly88

There is a reason why this post has so many view's,you Have the RTG scoop guy's,babb's scoop guy's,SunSpot scoop guy's,Stavr scoop guy's,home made scoop guy's,but only one,back's there scoop's now with a LIFETIME warreny,the choice for me was simple,quality,with the manufacturer that back's there product http://gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html ,happy hunting,Earl

For what it's worth, here are some shots of the old and the "New and Improved" 720's. I absolutely LOVE the 720 from Sunspot. I believe I have found that "ONE" scoop for ME...

563793_10152335463270635_1019384119_n.jpg

76745_10152335467730635_798904370_n.jpg

282841_10152335465095635_129638279_n.jpg

And no, the handle is NOT curved, it's an optical illusion from the camera angle... A 3 scoop deep hole for a barely audible quarter!
531918_10152369961715635_191312826_n.jpg

I had one custom built it didn't come out exactly as I wanted it but I can always add the 1/4 wire to the back but that thing is a beast I'll have to upload a picture of it...It is all 304 SS with a SS handle and has the foot peddle built to support the torques being put on the handle

720i

Hi Sparkfly88
You picked the right place to ask folks about scoops! I just bought a new scoop after reading posts and asking forum members for their oppinions. I got a lot of good information and then I made my choice. I got the 720i from Sunspot and I am well pleased with design, workmanship, and a warranty you can't beat. The made in the USA factor took me away from the Starv product. I spend every dollar I can on products made in the USA as they are hard to find these days. If we all did that we would all win! Good luck, Jim

Attachments

• #2.jpg
    #2.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 405
  • #1.jpg
    #1.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 300
There is a reason why this post has so many view's,you Have the RTG scoop guy's,babb's scoop guy's,SunSpot scoop guy's,Stavr scoop guy's,home made scoop guy's,but only one,back's there scoop's now with a LIFETIME warreny,the choice for me was simple,quality,with the manufacturer that back's there product http://gold-scoop.com/thescoop.html ,happy hunting,Earl

Does that make my 20 year old Babbs scoop that is still going strong and has dug many thousands $$ in gold, totally worthless now? Just curious.

Canslaw

Wanta sell it,seems like those scoop's are hard to get,howboutit :lol: How bout a pick Canslaw,so we can see how it held up after 20 year's

Back
Top Bottom