More river silver today !!

pescadore

Elite Member
Went to the river today since there were so many people out there this weekend. Had a fun afternoon and was in the water for probably about 3 hours. My best find of the day was a .925 heavy bracelet that was made in Italy. I also found a ring that I think is Tungsten or Stainless, some clad, a couple of fishing lure parts, junk earring, Lego kids watch (still running), magnets, and a bunch of junk and lead weights. I dug a bunch of low conductors but still no gold from this spot. I also got to use my Propointer today that I waterproofed and it did great. Sure made easy work of a couple of difficult targets wedged between some rocks.
41a208bd48870873983b172e22783efe.jpg
c7bc1847703fe8d3e405e5ffc98845ca.jpg

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk

Fun river you got there! I’ve only hit a river or two a few times up here and can’t find a lot, someday need to find the real swimming holes and snorkel I guess! I do like finding lures tho! Hope to hit the lakes soon too.... Time!

Congrats on the silver!

Fun river you got there! I’ve only hit a river or two a few times up here and can’t find a lot, someday need to find the real swimming holes and snorkel I guess! I do like finding lures tho! Hope to hit the lakes soon too.... Time!

Congrats on the silver!

It is so hot here that river detecting is the best option !! Thanks for the comment.

Nice captures. That must be a tuff watch.

Thanks, I was so surprised it was still running under water and I just checked it and it still has the right time !!

Nice on that bracelet! I have the exact same SS junk ring somewhere.

102 views and no comments?

I almost never comment when viewing on my phone. I comment far more often when I am on my laptop. I image others are the same way. I also refrain from commenting unless I have something to add other than a simple "nice find". Some items are more interesting to certain people and that is ok.

I tried river hunting for the first time today. I was using the same scoop that I use in lakes. With the swift current it was difficult! I'll stick to lakes until it is warm enough to snorkel!

Nice silver too!

I almost never comment when viewing on my phone. I comment far more often when I am on my laptop. I image others are the same way. I also refrain from commenting unless I have something to add other than a simple "nice find". Some items are more interesting to certain people and that is ok.

That is understandable !!! I try my best to hit the new posts button when I have my computer on and comment even if it is just a nice find. I think that even the simplest finds deserve recognition because not everyone lives in areas that generally produce mind blowing finds. Sometimes a few keystrokes can give validation of someone's hard work to find stuff. That's just me but I know everyone is different.

I tried river hunting for the first time today. I was using the same scoop that I use in lakes. With the swift current it was difficult! I'll stick to lakes until it is warm enough to snorkel!

Nice silver too!

The Guadalupe flow on my side is controlled by how much water they are letting out of Canyon Lake. It has been really low this summer because of the lack of rain in the areas that feed the lake.
I have a scoop that is on the small side so I run the small coil on my Quest Pro. It handles the current better too. I found a place that has a small waterfall that creates a shallow pool and I have been snorkeling there. It is certainly easier to fan targets than scoop them. Hope you get to do some snorkeling soon. It has been in the 90's here.

Here it’s the opposite, the rivers are flowing fast and dangerous and I can’t get in them until that calms down, but I sure plan to! Your posts are great reminders to hit the rivers by snorkel, something I’ve yet to do. Want to watch your video post when I can sit and watch it, soon!

Here it’s the opposite, the rivers are flowing fast and dangerous and I can’t get in them until that calms down, but I sure plan to! Your posts are great reminders to hit the rivers by snorkel, something I’ve yet to do. Want to watch your video post when I can sit and watch it, soon!

I will not get on the river when it gets high and the water is running too fast either. I am too old to be taking chances.

I'd be happy with some silver right now! congrats!

I am sure they will come. I have been very fortunate lately.

Back
Top Bottom