Nox 600 short hunt 1 silver ring

flphil

Forum Sponsor
IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2042.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg
This was a 2 hr hunt. Water temp 83 but to rough for me. So wet sand and dry sand only. Found out the Nox loves bottle caps they sound good and right in the gold range. I learned if you hit the all metal button (horse shoe) the head and toe of the coil the cap will give a negative number and iron tone and as you sweep directly over the target it changes to positive 12 and good tone. I was able to eliminate all the caps. HH, Phil

Nice job on the ring Phil. Heard some similar tips for bottle cap avoidance with the Nox but thanks for explaining, will give it a try. :)

LOL the "water" temp was 83'F.. was that correct?! It made me laugh because the AIR temp up here right now is only 53'F.. egads.. Won't be 83'F for a while yet.. soon though..

One of the tricks that I found working for me and my Nox600 on the beach when picking up a possible gold target is to sweep like you did, do the All Metal sweep to listen for the bwonk tone, AND step 90 degrees to the target and sweep again.. if can repeat the numbers on both sweeps, you might have a viable target, if not, then you most likely had a bottle cap, garbage etc.. I tested this on a beautiful beach up here, in the dry sand and wet sand, and found the technique to work fine.. Didn't find any gold but did confirm that the 90 sweep and All metal sweeps will clue you in more that it's a !!!! and not gold..

Hope that helps..

Doing

Better than me Phil, 1st hunt of the season all most 50 cent's, 30 blocks, water Temp. here 62, depositor's still slim, just a few getting wet, happy hunting , Earl

Glad I got in the water the last 2 days a little bit! congrats on that nice silver ring. Now you need to find someone with the right name! lol Maybe the surf will kick up some new stuff!

Back
Top Bottom