Should be elbow to elbow this morning

grinsebring

Global Moderator
Super Mod
Forum Supporter
News this morning showed Lido Beach (Sarasota) erosion. pretty intense looking. Let us know how you make out Dew. I can't go, packing the suitcase for a trip to the west coast.

Thanks for the tip. I headed out there for about 3+ hours. The pi machine I have had me digging like a mule, there is a lot of iron there. I met a friendly old fellow with a ctx. He said he is not on the forums but that he and his friend were digging murcury dimes there the day before. I found one item that qualified as not junk. Its a sea urchent ring. Ugly looking costume jewelery thing. There are stones in it and they apear to be set in some kind of resin. I would pass it off as clad but I'm wondering if it is old.I wish to post pictures here but cant get them to load from my phone. Anyone have any ideas how I can make that happen?

Thanks for the tip. I headed out there for about 3+ hours. The pi machine I have had me digging like a mule, there is a lot of iron there. I met a friendly old fellow with a ctx. He said he is not on the forums but that he and his friend were digging murcury dimes there the day before. I found one item that qualified as not junk. Its a sea urchent ring. Ugly looking costume jewelery thing. There are stones in it and they apear to be set in some kind of resin. I would pass it off as clad but I'm wondering if it is old.I wish to post pictures here but cant get them to load from my phone. Anyone have any ideas how I can make that happen?

You may have to resize them to post?

After examining myself looks as if they are set in metal but coated with some epoxy. This is the ugliest ring I have found to date and still no gold only silver, but I digress. Do we think it could be old? Or just ugly?

Sent from my LGMS550 using Tapatalk

After examining myself looks as if they are set in metal but coated with some epoxy. This is the ugliest ring I have found to date and still no gold only silver, but I digress. Do we think it could be old? Or just ugly?

Congrats on finding a ring! That in and of itself is awesome!

News this morning showed Lido Beach (Sarasota) erosion. pretty intense looking. Let us know how you make out Dew. I can't go, packing the suitcase for a trip to the west coast.
Yup.... tourists are already posting finds on the FB group pages. I'd expect the locals to post about a month from now...
:laughing::detector::dingding::pirate2::pirates:

Thanks David,
I'm always thrilled when I leave with anything other than iron junk. I dont think I'm a month in yet and seem to leave the beach with something most times. Like all treasure hunter do though I cant stop thinking about the day I finally find some yellow.

Definitely a unique ring! I considered going there but I hate to go where there are a dozen other diggers! lol So instead I went to another beach that normally has big crowds and found nothing. You just never know. Well another few days of rough water maybe to churn some stuff up!!

Definitely a unique ring! I considered going there but I hate to go where there are a dozen other diggers! lol So instead I went to another beach that normally has big crowds and found nothing. You just never know. Well another few days of rough water maybe to churn some stuff up!!

Funny enough, the most crowded I have seen a beach with detectors is at holmes beach at the sr 64 pavilion.
Five + other detectors sometimes. I've only run into one other water hunter there, though I'm sure they are there and I just dont see them. With summer getting underway I'm hopeful the hunts will be more productive.

Gil.... darn my luck.... im in Ind for a week or so. Maybe they will leave me something. Got a chance to hunt an old park .... been a long time since ive done any dirt digging. Hard and really dry dirt. Id forgotten just how much junk can be in an old park.

Looking forward to getting back at it..... this dirt digging aint for me. Lido can produce some teally old stuff..... but there sure is a lot of iron too. Maybe the Nox will grab something others missed? Im hoping the weather keeps the people n the water and the hunters out. You and Mike need to make a summer road trip Gil.

Back
Top Bottom