My first "NO!"

Chipk

Elite Member
For the first time ever I asked permission to hunt a property and the owner said "No!"

I'm in shock.

I was in sales with a major company for 32 years. I was a salesman for 3 years and then in sales management for 20. I ended up as Lead Trainer for 9 states.

I know how to sell.

I expected this one to be easy. I knew his name. I had been hunting the neighbor's property for several days. They recommended me. I shook his hand and gave him my business card. I looked him in the eye as I explained my mission and promised that his property would be undamaged and I would haul away and recycle any trash found.

And he said "No!" And closed the door.

As I said I'm shocked. That was totally unexpected. Normally they say "F*** YOU!" or " GIT OFF MY PROPERTY!" or" SIC 'EM DOG!"

But not "No!"....

For the first time ever I asked permission to hunt a property and the owner said "No!"

As I said I'm shocked. That was totally unexpected. Normally they say "F*** YOU!" or " GIT OFF MY PROPERTY!" or" SIC 'EM DOG!"

But not "No!"....

A man of few words. :D

I'm in shock.

I was in sales with a major company for 32 years. I was a salesman for 3 years and then in sales management for 20. I ended up as Lead Trainer for 9 states.

I know how to sell.

I expected this one to be easy. I knew his name. I had been hunting the neighbor's property for several days. They recommended me. I shook his hand and gave him my business card. I looked him in the eye as I explained my mission and promised that his property would be undamaged and I would haul away and recycle any trash found.

And he said "No!" And closed the door.

But not "No!"....

LOL Nice punch line. :)

I was invited by a lady to detect their one acre lot where according to her Rebel Soldiers had camped during the recent unpleasantness.

Her husband did not look happy and I asked him if there was a problem.

His reply was I saw that television Show (Diggers) and I do not allow people who act like that on my property.

I could not convince him that I was not an idiot and did not get to detect his property.

Some people hate salesmen. I'll walk off a car lot the second i see a car salesman walking to me. I can see a car salesman from a mile away.

Maybe he didn't like a salesman :laughing::laughing::laughing:

Back
Top Bottom